Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Dec 7, 2006, 06:02 PM
    Would like to find Biological dad -Flint Michigan area
    I decided to see if anyone knows the best (free) way of finding my biological father.

I was conceived near Flint Michigan by a man named Daniel Gordon. This was in 1981 and he was between the ages of 20-23. My mom and him dated briefly until he left her for another woman. Supposedly he went off and got married and had a child with this other woman. My mom returned to California.

After I was born she sent him a letter telling him he had a healthy daughter. My mom says she got a letter back from the other woman telling her to 'take care of her own bastard child'... and nothing else was said or done. My mom says she knows that he knows I am alive, but I feel there is a chance he doesn't know. And he definitely would not be able to find me since I have gone by my mothers 2nd husbands name since I was 3... Not that I have any false hope he would care to look for me... its just a thought.

I don't desire to be an active part of his life... or get anything from him. But I am curious to know if he is still alive, if I have any siblings (my only brother is deceased), and just to know the other half of who I came from. I know there are dangers of trying to pop up into someone else's life, and I don't want to cause any problems, but as his birth daughter... I have my own rights... right?

So I guess this is a two part question;

Should I even bother finding him?

How do I go about it?

PS- my mom knows fully well I have ''browsed' for him and she has even done the same. We were not dedicated to it, but we really just didn't know how to go about it... I might be able to ask her for more info... if anything else would matter..
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Jan 18, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Absolutely you have the right, in fact you need to do it. At some point in your life it may become more important to you and you may find it is to late. Ask your mother a bunch of questions that may help jog her memory, sometimes they think it is none of your business and it is embarasing when in fact it is only your business.

You seem to have good info, a name and approximate age. Go for it and remember he is your father, a man that may have jilted mom so save your opinion of him until you hear his side.. . ask mom where the letter was mailed from.

I found out after my father passed that he was not my biological father and my mother claims to know nothing about my bio father. This could be true because it was the free 60's but I wish I had known earlier to try and work with a fresh trail.

I wish you the best,
    Don
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Feb 5, 2007, 01:43 PM
    There are many Daniel Gordon's in Michigan. Do you have an approximate date of birth?
    Maybe around the same time frame as birth as your mothers?
    I did a search for you, but I do not publicly post anyone's information.
    You can as well go to ZabaSearch - Free People Search Engine and check for yourself.
    There is as well The Ultimates.
    And White Pages Phone Directory with Free People Search.
    You can even Google him, Google Alert - Professional Web Alerts, and have a daily search engine delivered right into your mailbox, the results. Ie: Daniel Gordon, Michigan, dob, or year of birth.
    tinkerbella Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Jun 26, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s2tp
    I decided to see if anyone knows the best (free) way of finding my biological father.

I was conceived near Flint Michigan by a man named Daniel Gordon. This was in 1981 and he was between the ages of 20-23. My mom and him dated briefly until he left her for another woman. Supposedly he went off and got married and had a child with this other woman. My mom returned to California.

After I was born she sent him a letter telling him he had a healthy daughter. My mom says she got a letter back from the other woman telling her to 'take care of her own bastard child'...and nothing else was said or done. My mom says she knows that he knows I am alive, but I feel there is a chance he doesnt know. And he definitely would not be able to find me since I have gone by my mothers 2nd husbands name since I was 3...Not that I have any false hope he would care to look for me... its just a thought.

I dont desire to be an active part of his life...or get anything from him. but I am curious to know if he is still alive, if I have any siblings (my only brother is deceased), and just to know the other half of who I came from. I know there are dangers of trying to pop up into someone elses life, and I dont want to cause any problems, but as his birth daughter...I have my own rights....right?

So I guess this is a two part question;

Should I even bother finding him?

How do I go about it?

PS- my mom knows fully well I have ''browsed' for him and she has even done the same. We were not dedicated to it, but we really just didnt know how to go about it.... I might be able to ask her for more info...if anything else would matter..?
    Hi my name is Tywania and I don't know my father period and I think that you should follow your heart. If you feel like you should find do so. I'm 15 years old and I found out that the man I thought was my dad wasn't. I really want to meet my biological father. Well I hope you take my advice, I know I'm young but that's what I would do.

Thank You,
    Tywania S. Jones
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 24, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Try a family tree site. Lots of those have message boards and people try to re-create their family tree. I was at geneology.com and found MY name with my brother and parents when I was trying to research family from the 1800's. Good Luck!
    susiechat Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Your dad knows you are there some where and has no interest so he doesn't deserve your time of day. He knew about you so why should you spend your time and money to look for are him... love whomever is in your life and cherish them and don't look in to the past. You are the better person... do something with your life and let the deadbeat read about it in the paper~! Good luck to you toots and look forward and not behind you. And do great things... xoxooxo
    ida1234567 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 10:51 PM
    I'm trying to find my granduagthers father who is trying to get out of paying child support he is doing on purpes my Att has done everything but we still can't find him I know he married and has another child . He lives in chattanooga Tennessee
    slblelb Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Daniel Gordon 10883 Daggett Rd Howard City Mi. 49329 born 1960 good luck! It's Him
    theboyzmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2009, 07:48 AM
    I do not see anyone with that name in OTIS - are you sure of the name? Was he in prison in Michigan?
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

May 31, 2009, 04:13 PM
    I don't believe that this thread is still active. There has not been any activity since July 2007.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Interstate Probation From Michigan to Kansas [ 2 Answers ]

A friend of ours has recently received Probation and been put on an Alch tether in Michigan while in the middle of a move to Kansas. He and his family have plans to move in and rent 2 of our extra rooms since he can not find employment in the area of Michigan he currently is in. We have found him...

Find my biological mother [ 6 Answers ]

My name is Claus Hanke living in Denmark. My adopted son Thomas (born March 15, 1968) wants to find his biological parents, prefarably his biological mother. He has given me the authority to conduct this search. From his early childhood he has known, that he was adopted. Thomas is doing well in...

Can't find local area code [ 4 Answers ]

I can't find local area code when setting up AOL. The set-up disk has been used before with no problem on other PCs. Just installed XP Pro with SP2 the modem does connect using AOL 800 number but can't find 661 area code to set up local connection. AOL no help

View more questions Search