Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2006, 05:27 PM
    Bills.
    Wow, I did not think it was possible or so easy. I have seen it on other shows done, but have not done it myself. I just decided to call up a company I deal with for my cable, internet and phone. My contract was up and I said That I was been offered a certain price a lot lower then them with a lot more options. Next thing you know they are giving me deals that are a lot lower then the rival company. Waived certain fees and plan prices for the year. I was shocked. I was like you waived those fees I just want to make sure, all of my services remain the same right? Yes, they do. So instead a contract for another two years. They want me to call back in a year. To see if they can help me further. Maybe by them doing this for me they are thicking after a year. Maybe I will commit to another contract?

What do you all think about this. It is so easy to do.

Jesushelper76
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 7, 2006, 06:06 PM
    Yes, I have not paid full price on my cable TV for a couple of years, I called and told them I had to cancel since I could not afford it,

They added a couple services and cut the bill by 1/3 for a year with no commitment.

And on items with contracts price around, and most will match.
    My home security system did the same thing.

Also call your house and car insurance every couple of years, since there is often discounts they can give you that are not in place or that drop off and have not been added.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2006, 07:14 PM
    If I had known that, I would have done that long long ago.
    With everything.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 7, 2006, 07:42 PM
    I offer and deal on every item in my life ( don't even ask about my wife's engagement ring)

We had a standing joke at the police station back when I was a officer, another officer and myself had a competition almost in who could get the best free meals and the such. I won, I helped out the owners son from a local Papa Johns Pizza place, and got a free pizza a week for a year after I testified in his court case for him.

Except for electric and gas ( and telephone where I live since there is only one phone company in our area to use)

But there are tons of insurance discount,for cars there is traffic school, alarms and other things. For houses there are discounts for alarm system, you need to verify the fire station and even how close you are to a fire hydrant can cause you to get discounts.

And cells phones companies almost beg for your business,
    I deal on office rent, even my gasoline, I use 20 plus gallons a day so I work for a free car wash, discount or a candy bar.

And I bid out many things all the time
    moyra Posts: 39, Reputation: 8

Dec 8, 2006, 02:20 AM
    Wow, I'll have to try that in Scotland! You may have started a global consumer war Jesushelper76 are you still behind your boulder, ha! Ha!
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Dec 8, 2006, 07:19 AM
    Been with Telewest,UK for a few years.When I told them I was "off to Sky",and they could collect my cablebox anytime soon,after a long silence (I thought the guy on the other end of the phone was in tears for a lost customer) :D I was offered a good "revamped" deal,with broadband thrown in.You have to basically tell them you are thinking of going elsewhere,as their package deals are not to your likeing.Only then will they plead for your cash.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 8, 2006, 10:17 PM
    Yea, it works with things like cell phones, satilltle and cable companies, not so good for water/sewer and electric bills, which make the others look like pocket change.

DirectTV is good for giving away free Sho-time. In my opinion, some of the worst television programming out there.

I have attempted to cancel DSL quite a few times only to walk away with a few months free.

Call the water department and complain, they just say "good luck taking a shower". Those monopolizing good for nothings...
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2006, 10:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcocke
    Call the water department and complain, they just say "good luck taking a shower". Those monopolizing good for nothings....
    Funniest thing I've read today.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Utility bills [ 1 Answers ]

Can you iclude electric gas

Fake green bills [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, At the end of May 2006, I withdrew $1,000 (in 10 of $100 bills) from a local Bank of America branch, and gave these money to my sister as her wedding gift. Last month, my sister, who lives in another country, went to her local bank to exchange these $1,000 into local currency. However, the...

Help with bills [ 5 Answers ]

I am not employed as of now, I lost my job due to car issues. I was at that job for around a year, it was graveyard shift and bus was not running that late could not get a ride that far. I have a daughter and I need money to help with my electric that is going to be cut off and help with rent or me...

Hospital bills [ 5 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedundefined My hubby suffered a heart attack in August, 04. We had health insurance but our hospital co-pay is 4 grand. We never received a bill from the hospital. In the winter we lost our heat for 4 days and became sick & a very mean, ignorant young lady from a collection...

View more questions Search