Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mairsing46 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2010, 03:11 AM
    No sound through head set but speaker sound intact on my HP laptop after replacing hd
    I had to replace my hard drive on my HP laptop and since then I am not getting any sound through my head set while speaker sound remain intact
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2010, 04:07 PM

May sound silly, make sure plugged in to headphone jack and not the mic jack.

What version windows, may need to check settings in audio/sound in control panel and/or mixer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP laptop speaker no sound: but can hear through headset [ 30 Answers ]

I have an HP laptop. The speaker has been working with no problem for 2 years. Suddenly today, the speaker stopped working. The sound card is OK because I can hear sound through my headphone. Did some quick research and read something about my laptop not being able to not properly sense the...

Laptop Speaker No Sound [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Compaq laptop and the speakers have worked fine until today. I suddenly have NO sound for anything? Can anyone help Thanks Kaluda:)

CPU fan starts, a low hum sound on speaker and a vroom sound from cpu/fan [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a new pentium 4 3.0 Ghz motherboard with 256 ram, connected everything as directed on the manual and plugged the power connector then started the computer. The fan starts then nothing else. All I hear is a very low hum/beep sound from the computer speaker which is immediately...

Low speaker sound output... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm using Windows XP, and have got a problem (I seem to be having a lot of these lately). The sound output on my laptop has gone from really good (as usual) to extremely low, even with the speakers on maximum. (and unmuted) I'm not sure what the problem could be, as the laptop is...

View more questions Search