Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2006, 05:05 PM
    Washer Overfilling
    GE Hotpoint clothes washer is overfilling with water. Could it be the water valve or the pressure switch? How would I check to see what the problem is?
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 7, 2006, 06:20 PM
    Set the washer to fill and pull the knob. As soon as the water stops, push the knob to stop the fill. The fill should stop. If it does not stop, then try unplugging the washer. If it still does not stop, then your solenoid is hanging open and it will need to be replaced.

If it does stop when you pull the knob, then most likley your pressure swtich is out of adjustment/bad.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2006, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcocke
    Set the washer to fill and pull the knob. As soon as the water stops, push the knob to stop the fill. The fill should stop. If it does not stop, then try unplugging the washer. If it still does not stop, then your solenoid is hanging open and it will need to be replaced.

If it does stop when you pull the knob, then most likley your pressure swtich is out of adjustment/bad.

Do you mean " as soon as the water stops" or as soon as the water starts??
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 9, 2006, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1
    Do you mean " as soon as the water stops" or as soon as the water starts???
    I apologize, that was a typographical error, as soon as the water starts when you pull the knob, push it to see if it stops. Try this two or three times to see if its intermittent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smell comes from washer [ 1 Answers ]

Every time we wash clothes in our washer it stinks horribly & then as the wash continues it stops smelling so bad. What do we do?

Washer [ 4 Answers ]

I have an 8 yr old inglis washer, can anyone tell me why it leaks... terribly... for the first load? If I do 6 loads in one day, it leaks like crazy (flood) for the first load and is OK for the next five. The next day, same thing, the first load will flood... any after is OK... any idea's?

Washer drain [ 3 Answers ]

The water drains slow and the water drains from the side of my house (not normal) and now my living room smells. Help please

Washer backs up [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, First let me say that I am a complete novice to plumbing, I have just bought my first house and am trying to save money by fixing as many things myself that I can. My problem is that anytime the washer drains it overflows the drain pipe, even just running a garden hose in the pipe...

My washer... My washer... OH! My washer... [ 1 Answers ]

Dear all, I have a Kenmore Sensor Smart washer Three Speed... Automatic... with Catalyst... that It is with us since we bought the house (19 months ago... ). Today, it decided not to work... It can fill with water but sometimes it doen´t wash the clothes (the tub is not moving) and sometimes it...

View more questions Search