Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prettypearl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2010, 06:21 PM
    Water backing up into kitchen sink and washer
    I have water backing up into my kitchen sink and washer. This happens when the tub is draining and when the washer is being used. 5 years ago we had to have a root removed from the street. Could this be the problem again.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 22, 2010, 10:29 AM

Open up the house cleanout and cycle the washer. If you see water backing up out of the cleanout then chances the roots have grown back. Have then linen snaked again.
    If you wish to control roots RootX or Robics Foaming Root Killer that contain Dichlobrnic are two products you could try.
    A less expensive way would be to call around to garden supply stores and ask for fine grain Copper Sulphate. Put a 1/2 pound in your toilet and flush it down. Repeat in 6 months.
    Hope this helps and thank you for rating my answer, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water backing up into kitchen sink from dishwasher [ 4 Answers ]

I am having ongoing problems with my dishwasher backing up water into the kitchen sink. I will come into the kitchen during a cycle and find it half full. It was suggested that it was because potentially the garbage disposal is having problems. However, I went and did the reset switch on the...

Water from washer backing into kitchen sink [ 3 Answers ]

Lately when I've been doing my laundry, I've been hearing a gurgling sound in my kitchen sink. This started about a month ago. Today water actually spit out of the drain. Not a lot but just enough to make me concerned. My house is on a slab so there's no basement. Any idea as to why this is...

Water Backing Up into Kitchen Sink [ 1 Answers ]

I hope I am in the right category. My house is 2 years old and has a septic tank system. This is a single level house over a full basement. This morning, for the 1st time, when running the washing machine we heard a loud gurgling noise in the kitchen sink. When we turned on the dish washer at...

Washer backing up into kitchen sink [ 3 Answers ]

A few weeks ago our kitchen sink started backing up with water whenever we use the washing machine. We are on a septic system and have never had any problems until now. The house was built back in the 50's so we're not sure if there is a grease trap to be the cause of the issue. We've put root...

View more questions Search