Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ask4help777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2010, 04:37 AM
    Mobile home park mgr forbids me to have my dog
    I just received I suppose my 3rd 7 day notice to get rid of my dog. Other people have dogs including her. She says my dog tried to attack the mailman, but all I saw was the mailman trying to kick my dog and my dog barking at him about 2 ft away from him. I think it was a setup because the landlord didn't want me to keep my dog. She set it up that she witness the dog doing that to mailman which 1. He lives in the park about 5 mobile homes down from me and also I believe they are related in some way and tried to set me up saying my dog was a threat to everyone and they couldn't take a risk like that. My dog just so happens to be a pitbull. She is really the sweetest thing with a great personality who gets along with everyone- people and dogs, except for the mailman. I think he might have tried to pepperspray or harm her in some way. So she has a problem with that man who is of another race or nationality. She has a dog and also a lot of other people do too. Please help it would kill me to have to. We have been through so much together. I would move before I let her win that war. And I feel it is definitely a cruel thing to do. I feel if my dog goes, others should also.
    Please advise
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 20, 2010, 05:18 AM

If this is discrimination against you for race, religion, something else, then that would be your argument.

Why is "she" evicting only you if other people have dogs?

My concern is your statement that your dog "has a problem" with "that man" who is of another race/nationality. That can add up to a dangerous dog.

I think you'll have to move if you want to keep your dog OR you can have an expensive legal fight which I think you will ultimately lose. If the dog does harm someone now that you have been put on notice you will total liability for the injuries.

Where were you when the incident happened? You may very well have to muzzle the dog and be with her when she is outside.

Would your landlord agree to that?

Just out of curiosity - can you get homeowners insurance in your area when you own a pitbull? It's a big problem here in NY.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 20, 2010, 05:53 AM
    It feels like there is some missing information here:

1) Is your dog allowed to run loose or is she fenced/chained when out of the house? Are you with her at all times?

2) Has anyone else complained about your dog?

3) Is there a written list of rules governing pet ownership in the 'park'?

4) How many notices have you received? What have you done about the past ones if this is the third one?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 20, 2010, 12:40 PM

What if you asked your land Lord about taking your dog to a good neighbor class? I know a lot of the Bully breeds are required to do so in my area. It shows that your dog has taken basic manners class, plus it shows that your dog is not a threat to the neighbor hood.

Maybe if the professionals in your area have deemed her safe, she may change her mind. A lot of people have a poor out look on those breeds. Maybe you can prove she is the sweet heart you know she is.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2010, 04:43 PM

Pit Bull or Poodle, you dog shouldn't be in the circumstance that she would threaten the mailman or any one else. I agree with Cat, something is missing here.
    If my dog was accused of threatening anyone I would have taken action right away.
    Keep her in the home, so as there is no access to people, for example.

There are so many ways you can control your dogs, if it is important to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile Home Park Eviction [ 4 Answers ]

My Husband And I Have Been Renting A Lot In A Mobile Home Parkin Va For 3 Years Now. We Just Received A "so Called" Eviction Notice The Other Day. It Was On Plain Paper Typed On A Computer. It Only Stated That We Had To Leave The Premises Within 30 Days, It Did Not State Why, Nor Was It A Notice...

What are Rights for Over 55 Living in Mobile Home Park [ 3 Answers ]

I live in an over 55 mobile home park, and each month we have a problem with our water. A pipe is broken, and the entire park is turned off, usually about 8-10 hours each month. Sometimes we are notified, sometimes we are not. Yesterday 9/16 we were told we would be without water from 9am - 4pm,...

Tenant Rights Mobile home park [ 1 Answers ]

Several old Cottonwood trees in a mobile home park in Montana blew over, one damaging a deck belonging to a tenant. Fortunately the tenants had just gone inside their trailer. We RENT the lots and OWN our homes. My question - is the landlord responsible to have the fallen trees removed? Perhaps...

Kentucky Mobile Home Park [ 5 Answers ]

I got a notice from the park I live in that I have to show mobile home insurance by law (state (Ky)? County?(Jefferson). Also, I was not asked to sign a lease agreement by the new owners, if this an advantage or disadvantage? I am charged for electric used but have no schedule of usage and charged...

Kentucky Mobile Home Park Law [ 4 Answers ]

What Are The Laws Regarding Eviction Of A Tenant In A Mobile Home Park Where They Own The Trailer. I Have Already Given 30 Written Notice And They Won't Move... And Won't Pay Rent What Do I Do

View more questions Search