Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheikal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2010, 03:07 AM
    Methane accumulation
    I'm living in town house where two houses caught fire due to the presence of methane gas. Is it possible that the reason is due to gas accumulation fron the gardens which surrounded by trees with its roots propagated horizontally
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 20, 2010, 07:41 AM

I don't know if that is possible, but I personally don't think so, unless those two houses are completely closed. I don't think the rate of production of methane by trees is that much and if I'm right, then the methane gas would be daily swept away from the house if well ventilated.

It is best to make tests for methane gas though. It can very well be due to a leak from a pipe... have you tried to measure the level of methane in your house?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Impact of methane gas accumulation from houses gardens and surrounded green area [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible that methane gas could be trapped under houses where garden is full of plant and trees along with green area adjacent to the house

Dishwasher - food accumulation in door [ 2 Answers ]

My Whirlpool dishwasher has a significant accumulation of food soil inside the door. How can this be cleaned?

Methane Symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

What are the symptoms of methane overexposure?

View more questions Search