Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolc38 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2010, 10:37 PM
    Kids mom on ssi died but she didn't work.do kids qualify?
    My children mother past away at age 38 in New Jersey. She had no work history, but she received ssi benefits for 10yrs. Do my children qualify for any benefits.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 20, 2010, 05:23 AM

No - SSI is awarded to aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income. It is not funded by SS/Government.

You may qualify now that she has passed.

Contact SS and ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kids movie from the 80s, green monster? Mom makes kids drink healthy green juice [ 5 Answers ]

I used to watch this movie when I was little, but I can't remember the name of it. I think it was probably from the late 80s early 90s. I think there was a little boy in it who had a monster friend who was green? All I remember was that the kids mom made him drink some healthy green juice that she...

My kids mom died [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is jennifer and I'm writing because on dec 31st 2009 I lost my best friend and she was also my brotehrs girlfriend and the mother of my two nieces... now 4 months later our family still struggles to get by but most of all my nieces wonder where their mom is and my brother is unemployed...

Can my kids mom get money from my ssi? [ 2 Answers ]

I have my kids 50% of the time their mom has them 50% of the time. Neither of us pay child support because we equally support them. I am now going to get SSI for myself as well as my two kids. I want to know if my ex (we were never married) can attempt to get some of the SSI. We have shared joint...

My Ex get's all the ssi to support our kids. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've been separated from my husband for over a year, and am about to file for divorce. We currentlly have 50/50 joint custody for the kids. We get them every other week. Before we were legaly separated we went to file for ssi for our one child.. he has angelman syndrome. It's about 700...

Step Mom listens in on kids conversations with real Mom [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter who is 41 , lives with me, and is an alcoholic, but calls her children every night. I am always within hearing distance. The step Mom listens in and if she doesn't like the conversation or the question my daughter asks she hangs up the phone on them and won't answer the phone if my...

View more questions Search