Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephpg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2010, 02:39 PM
    After years of trying to get pregnant I finally did. Why now?
    I have had unprotected sex with my husband for 7 years and never got pregnant. I just found out I'm 8 weeks pregnant. Why did it happen now after all that time?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 19, 2010, 03:15 PM
    This happened because you finally had sex during optimal ovulation. There is no way for us to tell otherwise via the internet.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2010, 03:18 PM

It can take everything being right, many it happens the first time they have sex, others may take years.

Were you doing any specific methods to find the best time in previous years
    Danielleharris92 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

May 19, 2010, 09:46 PM

Getting pregnant is actually much more difficult then people make it sound. First I was to congradulate you on your pregnancy!
    Everyone always seems to think of the woman not ovulating when its hard to get pregnant, but its actually a shared responsibility. There are SEVERAL things that can cause a mans sperm count to go down such as too much cafine, tight underwear and so forth. Im pretty sure you have been ovulating while having sex, but he probably had a low sperm count, and I'm sure he had a high sperm count... right when you weren't ovulating.
    You also could have been doing a false ovulation where the ovaries release NO egg that month.
    Were you on a high dosed birth control before trying? It has been known in some cases that the hormons in birth control can stay with a woman for YEARS before leaving the system.
    Basically, it could be anything! Lol.
    I believe things happen for a reason so maybe its better that Baby waiting 7 years.
    Congrates again and good luck!
    runaku Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2010, 08:49 AM

So do I. but, unfortunately I am not pregnant yet. I hope thing will happen like you. What are you doing that month? Taking some med or just let it flow?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

After 3 years he is finally honest and breaks up with me [ 27 Answers ]

I found this website and thought it would be worth actually venting to and I hope I get some type of advice. All right me and him were together for three years on and off every time we broke up it was for awhile then we got back together but this time I feel like it might be different :/ Hes in...

I'm Finally Pregnant! [ 13 Answers ]

Ok, here's my story... I have kept a journal of when I start my period since September or last year, and they have all been about the 13th or 14th of every month. However, my last period started on July 10th. I haven't had a period since. On August 30th, I took a HPT, and it came up...

Finally Pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I am Lynn's sister, Mirabella, just call me Bella please . I am 23 years old. Me and my husband are trying for a baby. I ovulated the 3rd through the 8th and we made love the 6th. I have been having stomach pains and a white creamy discharge. I cannot lay on my stomach without feeling really sick...

Scared about finally getting pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to conceive our second child for 2 years. (took 3 months with 1st and no complications) At around one year I went to my doctor - he looked at 3 charts and decided I could try Prometrium. I was frustrated that he didn't want to run any tests or ask many questions as...

Finally.I'm 7 weeks pregnant! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I'm proud to announce that I will be a 1st time mommy next May 5, 2008. My husband and I are really happy that a baby is on the way. When I had just given up I found out I was pregnant a month later. I had conceived on my birthday, this is the best gift God could have given to...

View more questions Search