Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alison_Davy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2010, 01:59 PM
    I want to use firewood to heat my swimming pool-how can I do this
    I want a cheap, and eco friendly way to heat my 12' diameter, and 4'2" height, above ground garden swimming pool, using the firewood that I have access to. I was thinking of having a firepit, built in to the ground, near to the pool, for sitting around, and wondered if I can also utilise the heat of the fire to heat the pool.
    I have electricity and a cold water tap near the pool, and a basic pump and sand filter for keeping the pool clean, as well as a solar blanket for keeping the heat in, once the pool is warmed up.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 19, 2010, 02:05 PM

Heating your pool with firewood is a good idea but,. you would have to have a pipe and water connection under the pool in order to heat it.

You are almost thinking of the way the Romans heated their floors and houses in Britain during the cold winter months. They had furnaces, wood as fuel, and a hot water system under their floors, (pipes made of terracotta) but I am quite sure it would not be cost effective now and a constant supply of firewood would have to be used in order to keep your pool warm. Stay with your solar blanket, it is much cheaper !

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2010, 03:56 PM

This may give you some ideas

H2oFun ECO Wood Burning Swimming Pool Heater

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to level a swimming pool [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with my above ground pool. I ti all set up and I had it halfway full and the wall came off the track in some places and the pool was not level. It was about 3" off on one side. I took the water out and the liner half way and tried to fix the wall but it is not going to well. It is...

Shocked in Swimming Pool [ 3 Answers ]

Last summer I was shocked while using my inground swimming pool. The pool is probably 35 years old. We have owned the house for 18 years. After I was shocked, an electrician came and found that there was no GFI nor was the pump grounded. Thought it was fixed. Earlier this year, after sticking...

Electricity in my swimming pool [ 9 Answers ]

When you are standing in my in ground swimming pool, and your hands are wet, and you touch the hand rail you feel a mild shock. When you stand in my swimming pool and put your tongue on the handrail it resembles putting your tongue on a nine volt battery. There is another handrail in the deep end...

Swimming pool sub panel [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 100 amp pool sub panel for an inground pool. I am running #4 thwn in pvc from the house to the sub panel. My question is can I put a junction box in my basement and convert to #4 romex to the main panel. Question #2 Do I attach the #8 bare bonding wire to the ground bar of the...

Swimming Pool [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a peanut shaped pool 20x40 (3-8ft.) with a water fall in the middle and 4 deck jets. Two in each corner. Iam thing 2 skimmers and 4 returns? Also I would need an auto water leveler and suction for cleaning system. Looking for a drawing on how to plumb. There is no heater or spa. 2...

View more questions Search