Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lolamo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 09:14 PM
    Diamond Commercial Song
    I see someone else asking this same question... this song is stuck in my head and I'm sure I've heard it before... anyone know?

I do not know which diamonds commercial it is, but its where the husband gets up in the middle of the night and places the necklace on his wife's neck, and the song goes:

"I want to tell you that im always thinking of you. but i can't find the right words to say"
    Pinkwater Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Dec 8, 2006, 10:11 PM
    The song is called "How Can I Tell You". The woman that is singing the song goes by the name "Cat Power". Her birth name is Chan Marshall. She is a folk/pop singer and has about five albums out to date. The song is a remake and is originally by a guy named Cat Stevens. Here's the bad news, you can't buy or download the song anywhere that I know searched (only the 30 second commercial). It hasn't been released yet, anywhere. But if you find a place let us know. A lot of people want that song. P.S. If someone tells you that is Regina Spektor singing that song, they are wrong. Cat Power and Regina Spektor do sound similar, but this is Cat Power singing.
    libbiestoxic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 09:12 PM
    Ahahaha
    Omg
    I've posted like TWENTY bulletins on myspace about this song..
    Im just like
    "I dont know who its by..I dont know whats its called..and I dont know how it goes.."
    But I LOVE the song.
    And none of my friends had any idea what I was talking about.
    ciaobella716 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 09:16 PM
    I am the other person who asked about this question! I absolutely LOVE this song and am so glad to see someone finally answered at least your question!!
    :p
    rockstar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2006, 10:33 AM
    It is "Cat Power" singing a "Cat Stevens" cover called "How Can I Tell You I Love You"...
    MartianMatt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 09:30 PM
    The Diamond Commercial Song was written by Cat Stevens titled "How Can I Tell You" and is on "Teaser And The Firecat" Album. It's been one of my all time favorite songs.
    danradcliffe879 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Dec 20, 2006, 02:33 PM
    The song is called "How Can I Tell You". The woman that is singing the song goes by the name "Cat Power". It is a good song. I kind of like it.
    Tuevi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Actually I found a place where you can download the song... it's called limewire. You can go to limewire.com and download the song. Unfortunately, it was recorded directly from the comercial. So you can hear distinct sounds (e.g. guy getting out of bed.) so just a little notice for you guys
    xxxdogluver999xxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 12:37 PM
    The song's called How CAn I tell you by Cat stevens. :) bye!
    sandrac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolamo
    I see someone else asking this same question... this song is stuck in my head and I'm sure I've heard it before... anyone know?

I do not know which diamonds commercial it is, but its where the husband gets up in the middle of the night and places the necklace on his wife's neck, and the song goes:

"I want to tell you that im always thinking of you. but i can't find the right words to say"

The name of the song is : How Can I Tell You and the original singer is Cat Stevens
    sandrac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 07:29 PM
    The name of the song is : How Can I Tell You and the original singer is Cat Stevens
    tr3sha Posts: 14, Reputation: 7

Jun 14, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Chan marshall (cat power) is my all time favorite performer. She did the song for the diamond commercial. I love her!
    swdnboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 02:40 PM
    hey you all should love me here's the song in html

<div class="actionarea">
    <object enableJSURL="false" enableHREF="false" saveEmbedTags="true" allowScriptAccess="never" allownetworking="internal" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allownetworking="internal" height="55" width="55" data="http://hypem.com/button_player.swf?playlist_url=http://hypem.com/playlist/track/205404/xml/1/list.xspf&autoplay=false">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
    <param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
    <param name="movie" value="http://hypem.com/button_player.swf?playlist_url=http://hypem.com/playlist/track/205404/xml/1/list.xspf&autoplay=false" />
    </object>
    </div>
    </li>
    soconfusedalways Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 10:28 PM
    It is not a cat power song... I have the cat power version of the song and it is not her on the commercial... It is in fact Regina Spektor and they sound nothing alike except they are both women. If you want the Cat power version download it on limewire and you will see that it is the wrong one... Make sure to get the three minute version because there are many little clips of the song from the comercial that are not Cat Power, but people think they are... If anyone knows whee to get the real version please let me know...
    gargarbinks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 12:04 AM
    There's another artist who did a cover of the song. Her name is Liz Durrett. Her version is in her myspace page. She sounds like the one in the commercial, but in her myspace blog, she says that her version was never used by the ad agency.
    bobbymcgork Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 12:28 AM
    If anyone wanted 2 know you can go projectplaylist.com you can here the song by cat powers... its only the part you hear in the commercial though...
    BellaTenenbaum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by soconfusedalways
    It is not a cat power song... I have the cat power version of the song and it is not her on the commercial... It is infact Regina Spektor and they sound nothing alike except they are both women. If you want the Cat power version download it on limewire and you will see that it is the wrong one... Make sure to get the three minute version because their are many little clips of the song from the comercial that are not Cat Power, but people think they are... If anyone knows whee to get the real version please let me know...

This is not Regina Spektor. I have been listening to both artists for years, and while you're right about them sounding differently, Cat is definitely the artist singing in the commercial. To my knowledge, Regina doesn't have a recording of this song.
    frenchi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Chan Marshall (Cat Power) has a myspace music page. I just visited and it looks like it was just created, because she didn't have any friends. But perhaps as the site evolves, this song will finally make a debut in it's entirety! Yay! www.myspace.com/chanmarshall
    samanthaelise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 06:31 PM
    I WAS RIGHT!! MY BOYFRIEND OWES ME A DIAMOND!!!:p
    Haxzor50 Posts: 147, Reputation: 1
    -

Aug 2, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Wow.. mi girlfriend listins to regina spector...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Song from Hearts On Fire diamond ad [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the artist and name of the song that is played on the Hearts Of Fire Diamond ad on TV. The name of the ad is 'Steering Wheel' and it shows a woman pulling in and out of a parking space with a silver Audi. She's watching her diamond sparkle as she turns the wheel. The song is...

Song in commercial [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know the song in Totino's Mega Pizza Rolls commercial? I've looked on Google and ask.com and I haven't found any information. So, does anyone here know? :)

Help with song in commercial [ 4 Answers ]

This was about a year ago, but it was a song in a car commercial- US commercial- They (husband wife and kids) are in their car- it was a compact car- and they drive slow through a very nice subdivision- I do rememebr seeing a swingset in the commercial in someone's yard (that might help ring a...

View more questions Search