Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

May 18, 2010, 10:32 PM
    Next choice emergency contraceptive
    If you've taken next choice in a 2 months period twice, is that harmful ? Also is this brand the same as plan B ?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2010, 02:37 PM

Considering all your other threads regarding pregnancy and birth control:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...sed-83319.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...ing-94997.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...ng-157680.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens...od-284187.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens...go-302851.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens...ng-308489.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/medica...on-324247.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens...od-341157.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens...ge-350673.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens...on-362887.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens...ex-367475.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...er-392721.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens...ns-396733.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens...ar-421761.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens...gy-455378.html
    My advice to you would be to stop having sex until you are mature enough to actually use a contraceptive properly the first time. You have one child with a deadbeat, had an abortion last fall and are now asking about taking Next Choice twice.

This is excluding all the drama about how you feel you can keep your child from his father because he's a deadbeat, or how you somehow contracted herpes and developed a rubber allergy.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 8, 2010, 04:36 PM
    MarMar, I have to agree with This8384.

At the risk of sounding rude, and I know it does... It's time to plug up the hole until you can be more responsible.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2010, 04:53 PM

The morning after is not the thing to do for regular practice, first it is less effective depending on usage.

Agreed, stop sex, learn to use birth control properly

Jun 8, 2010, 11:12 PM

This8384 do not tell me what I do and don't do, You are no one to come at me that way you are just mad about the other thread, and it's not like I'm having sex with different men, I have a relationship, stay out of my threads if your going to judge me, my son has nothing to do with this, so watch what your saying.

Also I do not have herpes. It was false.

It's funny cause thinking about it, You just went through all my threads and literally sat there and read one after the other trying to find something to pull on me because of the response I gave you in the last thread. You guys can't tell me what I know and don't know, just like I can't tell you what you know and don't know, giving advice is one thing, telling someone they don't know something is another. I'm not the only one that should be considered argumentative on here. You seem like it pretty well.

Jun 9, 2010, 12:31 AM

And I have been on birth control before side effects were very bothersome and I work an overnight job and am a full time mother as well so I'm already fatigued and cannot handle all the extra side effects of birth control also they are not 100 % effective, I know a few that have gotten pregnant while on it, I know my body and what I can handle.

And bringing up threads that I've posted before especially about the abortion is very wrong, because that is something I don't want to discuss, it was something that was not easy for me, and I was on here seeking advice for it, so next time THIS8384 think before you post something like that.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2010, 04:10 AM

Marmar, I don't think anyone was being judgmental, I think everyone was being realistic, including this8384. You say you don't want to talk about your abortion. Would you really rather be having another one? Because you're right, birth control isn't always 100% effective. And neither are the morning after pills. They're certainly better than no protection, but shouldn't be relied on regularly.

There are so many different forms of birth control out there. I can't imagine you've tried them all. Even just pills alone, there are so many different ones. And your body may react poorly to one, and well to another. If you don't want to be on pills, there's also IUDs, diaphragms, the nuva ring, shots, and probably a few more I'm forgetting.

And I'm not trying to judge you but really, if you don't want another child at this point and you don't want to use birth control regularly, then having sex would be a bad idea since, as you well know, sex often leads to pregnancy.
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2010, 04:16 AM

Can Next Choice be used as a method for regular birth control?

No. Next Choice should never be used to replace your regular method of birth control. Next Choice is simply not as effective as traditional birth control methods. It is an emergency method to be used only when regular birth control fails or is not used. It is important to remember that unprotected sex after treatment with Next Choice may result in pregnancy.

And that's straight from their website:
    Next Choice - Emergency Contraception - How Do I Take Next Choice - Questions and Answers
    The next choice website says themselves that it is not as effective as as traditional birth control. It's like playing with fire if you rely on it, you're bound to get burned.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2010, 04:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarMar27 View Post
    This8384 do not tell me what I do and don't do, You are no one to come at me that way you are just mad about the other thread, and it's not like i'm having sex with different men, I have a relationship, stay out of my threads if ur gonna judge me, my son has nothing to do with this, so watch what your saying.

It's funny cause thinking about it, You just went through all my threads and literally sat there and read one after the other trying to find something to pull on me because of the response i gave you in the last thread. You guys can't tell me what I know and don't know, just like I can't tell you what you know and don't know, giving advice is one thing, telling someone they don't know something is another. I'm not the only one that should be considered argumentative on here. You seem like it pretty well.
    Sorry MarMar you cannot dictate just WHO answers your questions on AMHD. We try to answer questions truthfully and sometimes we go back on the OP's previous threads to get a feel about the person. You are not the first to hotly complain about just who and who can't answer your questions.

Get different birth control methods from your doctor. You seem to like to take the self prescribed methods. Well, in that case may I suggest a condom? Heck of a lot cheaper and it does work if used properly. And you can self medicate all you want with a condom. Sounds like the boyfriend leaves birth control up to you. Time he grew up and faced the fact he's the source of your ongoing problem with birth control - let him contribute something or as J_9 suggested you should put an "Out of Service Until Further Notice" on your virginia.
    Expert

Jun 9, 2010, 06:17 AM
    MarMar, it gets very frustrating for us to answer the same questions from the same member month after month.

As has been mentioned there are MANY different forms of birth control, some hormonal and others not. I'm sure you haven't tried them all.

The Mirena is very effective. If you are not wanting to be pregnant again, I suggest you look into this.
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2010, 06:27 AM
    This8384 do not tell me what I do and don't do, You are no one to come at me that way you are just mad about the other thread, and it's not like i'm having sex with different men, I have a relationship, stay out of my threads if ur gonna judge me, my son has nothing to do with this, so watch what your saying.

It's funny cause thinking about it, You just went through all my threads and literally sat there and read one after the other trying to find something to pull on me because of the response i gave you in the last thread. You guys can't tell me what I know and don't know, just like I can't tell you what you know and don't know, giving advice is one thing, telling someone they don't know something is another. I'm not the only one that should be considered argumentative on here. You seem like it pretty well.
    I'm giving you the advice you're looking for. You clearly are extremely irresponsible when it comes to birth control; you already had one abortion and are taking pills that more or less have the same effect.

No, I'm not "mad at you" about your other thread. I really don't care about your other thread. I DO feel bad for your child, but I really don't have any feelings toward you whatsoever - positive or negative.

So you don't have herpes. Good for you. You posted that you did(more than one time, I might add) and I simply caught it.

No, I didn't go through all your threads. I can conveniently view how many threads you've posted and which topics they're in. I can preview what you've asked about and was quite frankly, astonished at the numerous "questions" you seem to constantly have about the same topic(s).

Quite honestly, I don't even know why you frequent this site. Every bit of advice you are given is met with, "Are you sure?" "Do you work for the court?" "I KNOW the answer already." You ask a question and then shoot down any answer that doesn't meet your standards.

As J_9 already stated, there are numerous options for you if you don't want to have children. Abortion is not birth control. There's Mirena, Essure, NuvaRing, DepoProvera, etc. I find it extremely bizarre that you "can't handle the side effects of birth control" but can handle the physical drain of abortions.

Jun 9, 2010, 09:36 AM

First of all stop bringing up my abortion situation because YOU don't know what I went through, or what the situation really was.
    And you bringing up ''the drama'' on the other thread with my ''dead beat'' child's father was wrong also, bringing up a current thread to an old thread does not seem like a smart thing to do. I am not ''shooting'' down answers, every one lives in different states maybe your laws are different from where I live, but I've spoken to certain people concerning the situation before, so I have some knowledge about it to, being told that I don't know what I am talking about is a bit frusterating, regarding the herpes, I went and saw another doctor and had a second opinion, that's why you should not be bringing up OLD threads because you may not know what could have happened between then and NOW.

Yes there is different methods for birth control and as I've done my research they are risky for your health. And no actually I haven't been able to handle the physical drain, and you need to stop bringing up the abortion that's between GOD and I, I don't need someone throwing in my face every other sentence in this forum about me having an abortion, stay out of that.

You seem cynical, that's why you get the replies you are getting.

I am not going to argue once again, as I said these threads are old and I do not use the emergency pill on a regular. I know it is not meant for regular birth control.
    Expert

Jun 9, 2010, 09:41 AM
    With all due respect MarMar, past threads are commonly referred to as a reference point for responses due to past activities and present concerns.

As is seen here, and your past threads, you have not used good judgment in your sexual well being. This is the reason you are getting the responses you are getting.
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2010, 09:47 AM
    First of all stop bringing up my abortion situation because YOU dont know what I went through, or what the situation really was.
    And you bringing up ''the drama'' on the other thread with my ''dead beat'' childs father was wrong also, bringing up a current thread to an old thread does not seem like a smart thing to do. I am not ''shooting'' down answers, every one lives in different states maybe your laws are different from where I live, but I've spoken to certain people concerning the situation before, so I have some knowledge about it to, being told that I don't know what I am talking about is a bit frusterating, regarding the herpes, I went and saw another doctor and had a second opinion, that's why you should not be bringing up OLD threads because you may not know what could have happened between then and NOW.

Yes there is different methods for birth control and as I've done my research they are risky for your health. And no actually I haven't been able to handle the physical drain, and you need to stop bringing up the abortion that's between GOD and I, I don't need someone throwing in my face every other sentence in this forum about me having an abortion, stay out of that.

You seem cynical, that's why you get the replies you are getting.

I am not going to argue once again, as I said these threads are old and I do not use the emergency pill on a regular. I know it is not meant for regular birth control.
    You're asking for birth control advice. I simply pointed out that you seem to have a problem using contraceptives correctly... assuming that you're using them at all. From your statement that you can't handle the side effects, I assume you are not using any which is more or less playing Russian Roulette with your uterus - as you've found out, you WILL end up pregnant.

Actually, the child that you chose to have DOES have a lot of pertinence on this thread. You made a mistake and got pregnant - okay, it happens. Then you made the same mistake and got pregnant again, had an abortion - okay, it happens. Now you're asking about taking Next Choice - now it's just happening too frequently and you're not learning anything from it. And I'm not talking about your abortion(s) in "every other sentence" - you are.

I'm certainly not a qualified nurse as J_9 is, but I would believe that taking Next Choice would be much more detrimental to your health than taking birth control. If birth control is so bad for you, then use a diaphragm or a condom - it's that simple.

Jun 9, 2010, 11:27 AM

I do use condoms, I took the next choice the first time because the condom broke and it was better safe than sorry, the second time I was around my ovulating time and even though we are using condoms I am still paranoid.

My child's father being a deadbeat doesn't have to do with this thread.

And when I did take the birth control pills I was having frequent vaginal infections and a lot of discharge along with diziness and nausea, I cannot go through all those side effects, I was once given the nuva ring and there was a case where a young woman died from a stroke I believe it was from it, birth control may be effective for a lot of women but for a lot of women it's not, even if I was to get on birth control I still wouldn't trust it being that I know people that have gotten pregnant while using birth control. That is MY opinion, I think condoms are safer as long as you make sure it is not broken.
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2010, 12:37 PM
    I do use condoms, I took the next choice the first time because the condom broke and it was better safe than sorry, the second time I was around my ovulating time and even though we are using condoms I am still paranoid.

My childs father being a deadbeat doesn't have to do with this thread.

And when I did take the birth control pills I was having frequent vaginal infections and a lot of discharge along with diziness and nausea, I cannot go through all those side effects, I was once given the nuva ring and there was a case where a young woman died from a stroke I believe it was from it, birth control may be effective for a lot of women but for a lot of women it's not, even if I was to get on birth control I still wouldn't trust it being that I know people that have gotten pregnant while using birth control. that is MY opinion, I think condoms are safer as long as you make sure it is not broken.
    You're right, no form of birth control is 100% effective. So if you truly are that scared of getting pregnant especially after this many "scares", I would suggest a)stop having sex completely or b)using multiple forms at one time. Use a diaphragm with condoms - no allergic reaction, no worry about it "breaking." Use spermicide. You have any number of options.

Jun 9, 2010, 01:37 PM

That was actually the last time I had any sexual intercourse.

I will look into the diaphragms and see where I can find those.
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2010, 04:37 PM
    That was actually the last time I had any sexual intercourse.

I will look into the diaphragms and see where I can find those.
    You'll need to go back to your doctor. Making sure you have one that is properly fitted to you is very important for effectiveness.

If you're really worried, it really wouldn't hurt to find out about trying another pill. I know you've had a bad experience with them before, but really, not all birth control pills are the same. There's so many different kinds. And, no, they're not always 100% effective. Yes, some woman have gotten pregnant even when taking them correctly and using them correctly in combination with other methods correctly. But you certainly have a lower chance of getting pregnant on birth control than not on birth control. Or like j_9 suggested, you could always talk to your dr about mirena. Never tried it personally myself, but I think if I ever decided to go off the pill but wasn't ready for children, I'd look into that before anything else. You can go months (or is it years?) and hardly have to worry about it at all. A lot more convenient in a busy life style than a pill you have to take every day.

Jun 9, 2010, 10:59 PM

I've thought about the mirena but I don't know if my insurance will cover for it.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2010, 11:33 PM
    You are right... context isn't always relevant when answering a question about facts...

But that's the price you get for free advice... and honestly, I find the irritating and annoying advice you get here a lot like that which a Good Friend might give.

Screw the pretense. Forget the false walls and Don't Go In There barriers...

Sorry... you get what you pay for... and sometimes that's a hard look around the periphery...

Having spent my life around strong women with big opinions, I consider being put to the wall an act of interest and honestly...

But that is just me.

As for just using the good condoms... let me know how that goes. On what aisle are the Good Condoms kept?

My gorgeous, kind, naughty son was conceived whilst cycle tracking and using because...

Oops happens.

More than a little bit.

If insurance won't cover the because you want to use, think about a flex plan, if available... sure, it takes some work and planning... but anytime I can save 30 percentish on the dollars I spend on healthcare, its worth my time and trouble to do some simple math

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Emergency Contraceptive [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was on my period last Sunday had sex with a condom and the condom broke. So I only took the emergency contraceptive on Monday (Afternoon). My period stopped on Tuesday then all of a sudden I got my period again last night (Friday). How is this possible or is it just the ECP? Please...

Double Effective Emergency Contraceptive [ 1 Answers ]

I've had unprotected sex multiple times during the past week, which started on my period. I've never been pregnant and never really worry that I am. However I was researching the chances of getting pregnant while menstruating and immediately after and decided to take measures because sperm can...

Emergency contraceptive pill [ 2 Answers ]

If d emergency contraceptive pill"ipill" is taken by a 17year old girl is it safe ?

Emergency contraceptive - I'm really worried! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I missed my pill on Monday so I took the forgotten pill on Tuesday morning (only the one because I had lost my next packet.) Tuesday night I had unprotected sex with my partner because I remembered taking the pill (but forgot that I missed it Monday!) Wednesday morning I took my pill plus...

View more questions Search