Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 9, 2010, 11:39 PM

I would think that Mirena is much more affordable then another child, or the "Next choice".

The fact is, your past does say a lot. If you learned from past mistakes, then fine, move on, forget, live and learn. But you haven't learned a thing. I have a past too, took me a while to figure things out, but once I did, it was moving forward, not repeating the same mistakes over and over again. So learn and move forward.

Birth control isn't 100%, I've known many women that were on 3 forms of birth control, all used correctly, and they still got pregnant.

The fact is, birth control, or two forms, three is better, are still better then none.

Go to your doctor, find a birth control pill that works for you. Trial and error, go from there.

Also use a condom.

Something has to give, and in this case, it's you.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2010, 11:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I would think that Mirena is much more affordable then another child.
    Crazy talk.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 01:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarMar27 View Post
    I've thought about the mirena but I don't know if my insurance will cover for it.

Only way to find out is to ask 'em. Why would you think they wouldn't? Did they cover the other birth control you tried?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2010, 07:44 AM

I had an IUD (Mireana) many years ago and did not like it and had it taken out. If you are that fussy I'm sure you won't like it either. It hurts like crazy being installed and hurts like crazy being taken out and each time I had sex I could feel the danged thing inside me. Suit yourself.

I in all my years of bedroom gymnastics have never had a condom break - ever. What balderdash is that I ask.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    I had an IUD (Mireana) many years ago and did not like it and had it taken out. If you are that fussy I'm sure you won't like it either. It hurts like crazy being installed and hurts like crazy being taken out and each time I had sex I could feel the danged thing inside me. Suit yourself.

I in all my years of bedroom gymnastics have never had a condom break - ever. What balderdash is that I ask.
    I think that depends on who inserts it. I know other people who use Mirena and they haven't had problems.

Personally, I've been on NuvaRing for the past few years and I think it's amazing; no issues whatsoever. While I recommend it to everyone, I have friends who made the same complaint that it hurt when they had sex - my assumption is that they didn't put it "in" far enough.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 08:06 AM
    I can name 7 women off the top of my head that have the Mirena, yes they are all nurses, and absolutely LOVE it. 3 have had it removed and successfully gotten pregnant then had it re-inserted after their deliveries.
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Jun 10, 2010, 06:17 PM

Not all insurances cover the mirena, and I also have a friend that has the mirena and it got far stuck up in her uterus and every time she has intercourse she said it would hurt.

Yes they did cover the birth control pills, it was just $5 out of my pocket, Nuva ring I do not like the fact of having to insert yourself and take out yourself every 4th week of the month, but that's just me.

As for condoms, I will keep using if or when I have any sexual activity. I will have to look into seeing my gynecologist when I figure out what I really want to do.

And I agree ALTWEG past is the past you move forward and learn from experience, that is why I have said no one knows what could have happened from the time this thread or any other thread was posted until now. So you cannot say ''I haven't learned a thing'' I disagree with that comment.

Jun 10, 2010, 06:23 PM
    And also I am not really as sexually active as it seems, I may have any activity about once or twice a month, which I'm sure that is not a lot compared to any one on here, I try to be as careful as possible, I am a very paranoid person especially after the abortion, I really did not want to do it, there is another story behind that, and it was very hard and emotional and I don't really want to go into that. It's just one of those things when your in love with someone especially after having a horrible past experience with someone else, your really not thinking about ''what if'' you just go with the flow of things, but I know I have learned.
    aimee_tt Posts: 340, Reputation: 143

Jun 10, 2010, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    I haven't had years of experience... But I have had a condom break once. But my boyfriend felt it break and replaced it straight away.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 08:17 PM

I've had a condom break too, more then once. It happens. Not balderdash at all. That's why I always had a back up plan, the pill and a condom. I don't like to leave my future in the hands of a little rubber balloon. ;)
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 08:29 PM
    Not all insurances cover the mirena, and I also have a friend that has the mirena and it got far stuck up in her uterus and everytime she has intercourse she said it would hurt.
    But have you asked yet if your company does cover it?

Every woman's body is different. Mirena might not be for you at all. Then again, it may be perfect for you. The only way to find out is to try it. And if your insurance will cover it, and your doctor agrees it's a good idea, it might be worth it for a little piece of mind knowing you're less likely to get pregnant.

Why wait until you decide what you want to do to see your gyno? Why not give him/her a call and have them help you make the decision. They can give you a better feel for all of your options, and since they know your body and health history, they might be able to help you figure out your best option.
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2010, 06:40 AM
    Not all insurances cover the mirena, and I also have a friend that has the mirena and it got far stuck up in her uterus and everytime she has intercourse she said it would hurt.

Yes they did cover the birth control pills, it was just $5 out of my pocket, Nuva ring I do not like the fact of having to insert yourself and take out yourself every 4th week of the month, but that's just me.

As for condoms, I will keep using if or when I have any sexual activity. I will have to look into seeing my gynecologist when I figure out what I really want to do.

And I agree ALTWEG past is the past you move forward and learn from experience, that is why I have said no one knows what could have happened from the time this thread or any other thread was posted til now. So you cannot say ''I havent learned a thing'' I disagree with that comment.
    So you're not comfortable with Mirena and you don't like NuvaRing. There's still the DepoProvera shot and numerous forms of birth control pills. If one made you nauseated, then you should talk to your gynecologist about your other options. Condoms are a good idea but as you know, are not guaranteed. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    jpbuzzworthy Posts: 47, Reputation: 4
    -

Jun 11, 2010, 06:42 AM

When I'm God, this will fall under my mandatory sterilization plan. I agree with many, many others that have commented above.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 11, 2010, 06:43 AM
    Okay, there are TONS of birth control methods you have not tried.

Have you tried the patch? The copper coil? Cervical cap? Sponge? Heck, even a tubal ligation?

Jun 11, 2010, 06:27 PM

I wish I can do a tubal ligation but you have to have 2 children where I'm at in order to do that.

I will ask my gynecologist what's a good birth control method for a beginner with my history.

Jun 17, 2010, 03:18 PM

JudyKaytee

Thanks for your opinion but I have been finished with this post, and do not tell me how I live.
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2010, 08:10 PM
    JudyKaytee

Thanks for your opinion but I have been finished with this post, and do not tell me how I live.
    ... did I miss something?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2010, 09:08 PM
    k.

Marmar... I really hope you can step back and take a breath... people are hitting you left and right with reddies and that's irritating. Id also say you are very much on the defensive and tend to pepper your posts with aggressive behavior when amhd members give tough love advice.

I'm sorry... the past might not dictate what's happening now... but it Isn't wrong to at least look at past threads to help understand the present. I do it. Others do it. We aren't out to "get" anyone...

As a parent of a child... you Know your child. You know your child from your time with your child. Your history. Your experience. The past does tie into the present sometimes.

So... I don't mean this to offend... I mean I'm an irish serb male jerk so offending and/or punching first and buying drinks later isn't new to me... but your tone did, I think, play a part in the answers and ratings you have received.

As for the rest... k... can't we just reset and stop the rating war? Please?

It might be justified... might not.

The OP'er has said she is done with this thread. So... lets maybe stop rating and posting on it?

Hope it gets closed soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Emergency Contraceptive [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was on my period last Sunday had sex with a condom and the condom broke. So I only took the emergency contraceptive on Monday (Afternoon). My period stopped on Tuesday then all of a sudden I got my period again last night (Friday). How is this possible or is it just the ECP? Please...

Double Effective Emergency Contraceptive [ 1 Answers ]

I've had unprotected sex multiple times during the past week, which started on my period. I've never been pregnant and never really worry that I am. However I was researching the chances of getting pregnant while menstruating and immediately after and decided to take measures because sperm can...

Emergency contraceptive pill [ 2 Answers ]

If d emergency contraceptive pill"ipill" is taken by a 17year old girl is it safe ?

Emergency contraceptive - I'm really worried! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I missed my pill on Monday so I took the forgotten pill on Tuesday morning (only the one because I had lost my next packet.) Tuesday night I had unprotected sex with my partner because I remembered taking the pill (but forgot that I missed it Monday!) Wednesday morning I took my pill plus...

View more questions Search