Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alepinski Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2010, 07:46 PM
    Oven takes a loooong time to heat up
    Our Whirlpool wall oven (model rb1005xyn) takes at least 3-4 times as long to reach temperature. The over is old, but these are SO expensive to replace. Any ideas how to fix it?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2010, 12:17 PM

First, I'd make sure you have 220 volts at the oven. The best way is to pull the element out and measure the voltage right there. However, this is a little dangerous to recommend to everyone.

Instead, you might go to your circuit breaker panel and flip the breaker (should be double-wide) off and back on, in case one leg flipped but the other didn't and therefore the oven is running on 110 volts (explaining the slow warming).

I'd say the next most likely culprit is the heating element itself. Closely examine it for any burned or weak-looking places. It should be pretty easy to replace. Take it to a local appliance parts shop or order online for around $35. This link also has some stories from others that are sometimes helpful.

Best of luck,
    WallyH
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Sep 6, 2010, 06:23 PM
    I would check out the heat element,it's easy to remove and some appliance places might check it for you. Remember to trip the 220v breaker before you begin. Should be just some 1/4 or 5/16in. Nut drivers or screwdriver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I saw this movie a loooong time ago... [ 3 Answers ]

I once watched a movie about three people who are stranded on an island; two males, one female (recipe for disaster). One male is white and the other is mexican... or something similar, and the woman is white also. I think the male was a hired hand on the boat... maybe... and I think there weren't...

Takes time to reach [ 10 Answers ]

Hi , my man is 53 I orgasm a lot and get tired till he reach his , how to help him ? Is it normal for this age to take that time ?

Heat pump takes a long time (hour or more) to raise the temperature [ 19 Answers ]

An HVAC guy just installed a Carrier 13 SEER heat pump, model number 25HBR, to heat/cool (forced air) the upstairs (10 ft ceilings) of my house (2800 sq ft) in the Washington DC area. The downstairs and basement are heated/cooled by a gas furnace/AC system. So far, I'm disappointed that the heat...

Heat takes a long time [ 1 Answers ]

My gas heat takes a long time to reach the setting. Why?

View more questions Search