Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deeo Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

May 19, 2010, 10:31 AM
    [QUOTE=sara_uk;2357922]Vitamin E is no no when depigemnting, I saw a case with severe depigemntation after general lightning .

Do you know how this was rectified, I love to depig fully but now am stuck and have to cover up in summer... so annoying and depressing...
    sara_uk Posts: 245, Reputation: 26

May 19, 2010, 10:43 AM
    [QUOTE=Deeo;2358026]
    Quote Originally Posted by sara_uk View Post
    Vitamin E is no no when depigemnting, I saw a case with severe depigemntation after general lightning .

Do you know how this was rectified, I love to depig fully but now am stuck and have to cover up in summer.....so annoying and depressing...
    I know she avoided vitamin E totally and the problem got sorted. My friend also told me while depigmnting she used sunblock with vitamin e and got freckles. I know it might not have the same effect on certain people but considering it is giving for repigemntation that make me to avoid it.

May 19, 2010, 10:46 AM

So move on with it, because I stopped now for over 3 weeks and avoid Vit E and that might actually do the trick. Thinking of it my Husband warned me to avoid sunscreen and just don't bother going in the sun between 10am - 4pm but I ignored him.. lol

May 19, 2010, 10:49 AM

Do you mind revealing how u mix yours, I think I really need the tip now on what else I need to avoid.
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

May 19, 2010, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sara_uk View Post
    check your lotion does it have vit e, another name for vitamin E is Tocopherol
    . I know of a case where they had severe repigemntations and it turned out she used lotion contains Vitamin E.
    Vitamin E is used to boost repigemntation, something you must avoid while depigmenting.
    I don't get it... I don't use mono but if Vit E is used to boost repigmentation... what about lightening?Then why do people who are lightening take vit e pills?? :confused:
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

May 19, 2010, 01:20 PM

@ Violaename - Vitamin E is required for general health. It also brightens and make your skin and hair shine !

That's why ! It will not lighten however!

May 20, 2010, 04:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeo View Post
    Do you mind revealing how u mix yours, I think I really need the tip now on what else i need to avoid.

It is really simple but the idea is with the blender. I use to use solvents but that irritate the skin combined with monobenzone.
    So I use powerful mixer to mix my cream, sunblock, and monobenzone , so no grains no bits.

May 20, 2010, 04:54 AM

Thanks Sara. I mix mine with a belender as well but one tube inside the Almond Glow lotion. What cream is available in UK without vit E that I can use, I will also mix my sunblock together, great idea.

May 20, 2010, 05:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Violaename View Post
    I dont get it...I dont use mono but if Vit E is used to boost repigmentation...what about lightening?Then why do people who are lightening take vit e pills????:confused:
    Vitamin E is an anti-oxidant, it can prevent free radicals from entering the skin and increase cell renewal. Although it does not reduce melanin production, it does exfoliate layers of hyper-pigmented dead skin, where as vitamin C it reduces melanin production and encourages cellular renewal through exfoliation.
    Scientist believe that vitamin E can stop the free radical that cause vitiligo, although the mechanism of monobenzone not clearly understood, it seems that it does that. That why derm advice people who are depigementing to avoid vitamin E.
    It is also one of the treatments options for repigementation, I am not sure about lightening creams they all have different mechanism of action.

May 20, 2010, 05:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeo View Post
    Thanx Sara. I mix mine with a belender as well but one tube inside the Almond Glow lotion. What cream is available in UK without vit E that I can use, I will also mix my sunblock together, great idea.
    I use e45 as it is really good for dry skin and itching, another one is garnier hydralock milk with 5% urea
    Garnier Hydralock Moisturising Milk - Review - This made my skin sigh....

May 20, 2010, 11:51 AM

I thought E45 cream has vitamin e in it, am I wrong.
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

May 20, 2010, 01:23 PM

Super Shallow would you like to share some pictures?

Maybe I could suggest something to you ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search