Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    squeakaz Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2010, 04:26 PM
    I have an old belgian tenor horn is it an antique?
    I have acquired an old belgian tenor horn.the inscription on the front is bearly readable,but in the small scroll I think the first word is " mason"fondee en 1883.Then under that it reads... M.DEVRIES BREVETTE FOURNLSSEUR DE L'ARMEE LIERRE BELGIQUE EXCELSIOR.Is it an antique?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 18, 2010, 11:41 PM
    Hi, squeakaz!

Which way does the bell face and does it have keys to press, please?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2010, 12:22 AM
    Hi again, squeakaz!

I hope that you return to this thread!

Thanks!

Jun 7, 2010, 02:59 PM
    I don't know what you mean,please clarify.do you know if the tenor horn is an antique please.

Jun 7, 2010, 03:04 PM
    I don"t know what you mean by "return to this thread".please clarify.and do you know if the tenor horn is an antique please.
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2010, 01:28 AM
    I asked you questions in my first post on this thread that would help to determine if it is indeed an antique.

The bell is the part where the sound comes out. Keys would be the buttons that might be present that would be pressed with the fingers in order to produce different pitches.

Thanks!

Jun 10, 2010, 03:17 AM
    Hi,how are you?sorry I get confused easerly.The bell faces up over,and the keyspredd like a modern day tenor horn,I forgot to mention,that the silver plating has wore off.kind regards,squeakaz

Jun 10, 2010, 03:21 AM

Hi,how are you?sorry I get confused easerly.the bell faces up over and the keys press like a modern day tenor horn.I forgot to mention that the silver plating has wore off.kind regards,squeakaz
    groovman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2011, 01:00 AM
    Yes it is an antique but it is not rare, tenor horns from that era are not uncommon, depending on it's condition it's value could be from $150.00 to about $1500.00

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belgian citizen on J-1 visa - 3rd year [ 4 Answers ]

Hello My husband is on a J-1 visa as a teacher in the USA. He started in 2006 and for 2006 and 2007 he filed 1040 Nr. He holds a Belgian passport. My question is: For 2008 does he still file 1040 NR or does he file 1040 as resident? Thanks

Is this belting, and is it tenor, how do I sing as a baritone? [ 9 Answers ]

Here is the song I want to sing. YouTube - Born On The Bayou - Creedence Clearwater Revival Is it belting? I'm more of a baritone, teaching myself to sing. How can I sing this? Most rock songs seem to be high voices... Any advice?

Depressed Belgian Shepherd? [ 3 Answers ]

I have had this puppy for about 6 weeks now and she does not exhibit any "normal" puppy characteristics. She sleeps a lot and does not come when I call her. She's does not get very excited about anything and has a very indifferent disposition to humans. She gets along well with my other dogs and...

Belgian Fries [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: Does anyone in the world out there know where I can purchase the parchment cones that one puts the traditional Pommes Frites (Belgian Fries) into? I have searched the internet to no avail. Even instawares.com (restaurant supplier) doesn't offer them. I am not looking for the solo...

Horn repair [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to fix my 93 civic horn and can't find a free manual to help. Any suggestions

View more questions Search