Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 20, 2010, 03:43 PM

I can see changing the name, but what about changing the father to unknown?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 20, 2010, 03:43 PM
    I rarely get to see our birth certificate lady at work, but I will leave her an email tonight to be sure. I should have a response when I get back to work tomorrow night.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 20, 2010, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Yes because the mother is the one that names the child regaurdless of the father until the point of leaving the hospital.
    Exactly. We are not allowed to release a baby to anyone other than the mother.

If the baby has to stay in the hospital for an extended period, past that of the mother, the mother is the only person we can release the baby to. Until those documents make it to the state, they are not considered legal documents.

May 20, 2010, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by margog85 View Post
    My brother just found out that the mother of his child took the child out of state on vacation and never told him about it. They share parental responsibility. She originally asked him if she could take the child for a week, which would have interrupted his time with the child. He said no, so instead she took the child for just a few days during her time with the child. There is nothing in their parenting agreement explicitly stating that one cannot take the child out of state without the other parent's permission. It seems common sense to me, however, that the mother must at least inform the father of the child's whereabouts if the child is taken out of state. Is she legally able to take the child across state lines on her days without the father knowing where the child is going, where the child is staying, and who the child will be with?

Both parents live in the state of Florida.

Thanks!
    First, please don't open multiple threads on the same issue. I've merged your threads for you.

As long as she doesn't interfere with his visiting time this is a minor issue. She probably doesn't need his permission to go away as long as it doesn't interfere with his visitation time. But she should inform him of the child's whereabouts.
    margog85 Posts: 241, Reputation: 19

May 21, 2010, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GV70 View Post

Sorry but I cannot understand....your brother is against his child to have vacation???
    Um, no? I don't think I said that anywhere. I asked if the mother is allowed to take the child without letting the father know the details of the child's whereabouts.
    margog85 Posts: 241, Reputation: 19

May 21, 2010, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    First, please don't open multiple threads on the same issue. I've merged your threads for you.
    Sorry about the multiple threads. The vacation question didn't seem related to the question about abuse allegations/custody to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    As long as she doesn't interfere with his visiting time this is a minor issue. She probably doesn't need his permission to go away as long as it doesn't interfere with his visitation time. But she should inform him of the child's whereabouts.
    All I want to know is if she is required to inform my brother that she is taking the child out of state and let him know where the child is going to be staying. I am not asking whether she must ask permission to take the child on vacation on her days. I apologize; I think I wasn't very clear about that.

May 21, 2010, 04:57 PM

This is all part of the custody battle between your brother and his child's mother. You are looking for things to use against the mother.

We can't tell you whether she's required to inform without knowing what the court order fully says. But generally a parent would need to keep the other parent informed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attempting custody from son's mother [ 4 Answers ]

I am in a sticky situation. My once fiancé is the mother of my 2 soon to be 3 year old son. Come to find out she is pregnant again one month after moving out of my house with only a $1000.00 gross income. She is now 5 months pregnant. I want to try for physical custody since her family and I...

My Neighbor made false allegations about my child.can I sue him or file a complaint [ 8 Answers ]

My neighbor made false allegations about my 15 yr old son.. We were investigated by the police and questioned.. Can I in return file a false allegations charge, or a charge of harassment?

False Adult Abuse Allegations [ 4 Answers ]

After the recent death of my grandfather, My husband and I volunteered our home and time to care for my grandmother who suffers from Alzheimer's. I love her being here and actually see a positive change in her memory, she is active with our 16mo old daughter and enjoys Bingo that I take her 2...

Child Abuse Allegations [ 3 Answers ]

Long story made short: at this time, I lost custody based on unfounded allegations from my daughter who by the way, is developmentally delayed (low IQ, etc.). I have had custody for 9 yrs. And have a 15 yr old, but really that is not the point. My question is: I am a licensed RN, and am now...

View more questions Search