Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keithkk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2010, 10:40 AM
    Toilet soil pipe is 1/2 in below fin. Tile floor how do I built concrete floor up
    I have 2 problems,just had my bathroom floor tiled on top of concrete floor and was going to use a outside 4 in outside flange on a 4in soil pipe. I can fit over soilpipe now but tile under flange bolt down holes have no concrete under them,plus top of soil pipe is 1/2 inch below top of tile ,tile is 1/4 in thick. What is best fix? Build conc. Up and go to inside flange or add extension to soil pipe .
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 18, 2010, 01:02 PM

You can use an Oatey twist-n-set inside the pipe and then add a flange spacer. Twist-N-SetŪ Cast Iron Replacement Closet Flange :: Oatey.com
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 18, 2010, 05:23 PM
    What you're looking for is flange extenders, (see image) found in most big box stores. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Second floor toilet soil pipe rattle [ 2 Answers ]

When we flush the second floor toilet the pipes rattle. This just started. It is not the fill pipes because we tested by flushing normally & then dumping a pail of water into the toilet so no tank refill occurred. In both cases the rattle occurred during the time the water drained down the soil...

Mounting toilet to concrete floor with cast iron soil pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bathroom, removed toilet saw wax ring removed wax ring saw cast iron pipe in floor raised up about a quarter inch above floor two rusted bolts that were screwed into cement floor to hold toilet down. I should mention that I have now removed the tile on the floor.The toilet had...

Set Toilet Flange on Concrete and Tile Floor. [ 3 Answers ]

I am going to set a toilet tomorrow and I am not sure how to set the flange. The roughed in pipe is four inches. Do I need to cut that flush with the existing floor. I have tile on top of a concrete slab. Do I need to screw the flange to the concret floor? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Converting a tile floor to a stained concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

I am thinking about taking up the tile in my kitchen and staining the concrete underneath it, but I don't know if it will be possible to get up all the stains left on the concrete from the tile. I do not want to take up the tile if there is too much of a possibility that the tile stains won't come...

Floor Tile, Concrete floor is sealed. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace carpet with tile on concrete floor but concrete is sealed with some coating. Do I have to prime this or remove sealant?

View more questions Search