Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scotty13 Posts: 120, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2010, 05:10 AM
    How can I get IE to ALLOW me to run scripts in my websites?
    I’m building a web site and have inserted a flash photo It works fine in preview, but when I try to open the file using my browser (IE7), I get a security blocker at the top of my
    Screen (like a popup blocker notification) that says:

To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage
    From running scripts or ActiveX controls that could access your computer.
    Click here for options.. .

Allowing active content such as script and ActiveX controls can be useful,
    But active content might also harm your computer. Are you sure you want to
    Let this file run active content? Y/N

When I click yes, Nothing appears.

How can I get IE to ALLOW me to run scripts in my websites?

Thanks in advance,

Scotty13
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

May 20, 2010, 03:08 PM

You could try adding your URL to the Trusted sites, however if you have problems with the site in IE others are likely to. Contact you hosting companies help desk they may be able to give you a fix.
    What are you using to build the site? I have much better results in one of the open source content managers like Joomla than any of the site building applications. The content managers have modgules that handle items like flash galleries and video so getting them to work is no problem.
    Scotty13 Posts: 120, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2010, 04:37 AM

I’m using Flash CS4 to build my logo and when I go to render it by pushing F12, that’s when I receive the message. It does appear when I test it my browsers through Dreamweaver CS4.

So I maybe okay, now that I’m thinking about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any websites design websites on intalment basis or on joint venture profit s [ 5 Answers ]

Is there any website design website on intalment basis or on joint venture profit sharing basis?

Can Websites Find Out What other websites we visit? [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible for website owners to find out what other websites we visit? If so, how do they find out? Thanks

Getting error message cannot run scripts on this page windos xp Ie 6 [ 4 Answers ]

When trying to print a page as instructed by a website dialog. Like click Print to print this page. I ges and error Error has occurred while trying to run scripts on this page, Thus I cannot print the page. Help. Elwin

Proxy off websites because the school blocked mostly all websites [ 2 Answers ]

Can you give me as many proxy off websites that you know because at my school I can't play games or go to myspace or to Yahoo. So can you help me?

VB password scripts [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me how to write a password script in Visual Basic 6.0. I need to link a password form to another form so that if the password is entered correctly then it will open the linked form.

View more questions Search