Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisrobert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2010, 03:47 AM
    Documents required for marriage in greece at the greek orthodox church
    Dear Users

Good day

Please note that I am intended to get married in the Greek Orthodox Church in Greece , I am catholic and was married before and got a cancellation on my wedding from the catholic church and now I have the following documents in my hand.

1- Certificate Of Freedom from my catholic Church ( valid for 3 months ) stamped from my patriach , then translated into Greek , then stamped from the ministry of Foreign affair in my country + The Greek Embassy in my country.

2- Certificate of my previous Wedding Showing that my wedding is Cancelled and this certicate also will be from my catholic church and stamped from the Patriach , then translated into Greek , then stamped from the ministry of Foreign affair in my country + The Greek Embassy in my country.

3- My Baptisme Certicate translated into Greek , then stamped from the ministry of Foreign affair in my country + The Greek Embassy in my country.

4- Birth Certificate translated into Greek , then stamped from the ministry of Foreign affair in my country + The Greek Embassy in my country.

5- Valid Passport .

6- Visa valid .

Could you please help me if other documents is required from my side , what are the normal procedures if the above documents are correct taking into consideration that my bride is GREEK and I am not GREEK and we need to get maried with the bless of GOD , please guide me through the right way.

Looking forward to hear from you

Your kind reply is higly appreciated

Best Regards

Chris Robert
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 19, 2010, 10:18 AM

I think contacting the church you intend to be married in, can give you answers to your questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Born in Greece how do I get a greek passport? [ 7 Answers ]

I was born in Athens, Greece, to US citzens and my father was in the military. I grew up in the USA and have a US passport. I have my Greek birth certificate, so how do I go about getting a Greek passport? Thanks

Englishman married Greek IN Greece, needs divorce from UK! [ 2 Answers ]

I am an English man who married a Greek girl IN Athens in July 1998 & we happily lived together for a further 2 & a half years there. We then split & I returned to the UK in March 2001 & haven't returned since. We had no children together & no property or other financial ties to sort out. She...

Greek family history -- Ammos, Greece [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am doing family history research. I need to identify the municipality or location of municipal offices for the village of Baliaga, also known as Ammos, in Greece. The closest large city to Ammos is Kalamata Thanks!

View more questions Search