Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loganangkokyong Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2010, 03:33 AM
    How to get cleaning contract?
    I have already registered a company for cleaning of commercial and household. Basically is a general services company, I know that I would need a good commercial or household cleaning contract to start up the company? But I don't really know how to do it? Can you guide me on this? Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 18, 2010, 10:37 AM
    Hi, Loganangkokyong!

How much experience do you have cleaning for others in order to make a profit for yourself, please? Also, do you plan to be working by yourself?

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 18, 2010, 05:15 PM

HI Logan,

Good questions Clough.

Logan do you know how to organize a company? Administration, bookkeeping, sales, operations, advertising, etc, do you have any experience in these areas. Experience or doing your due diligence to find out what you do not know will help you tremendously. If you don't most likely your business's survival will be in jeopardy. A large percentage of new businesses fail for one reason or another and not taking the time to learn is a primary reason along with under funding and lack of intestinal fortitude.

Please answer Clough's questions and let's start at the beginning and see how we may help you.

Stringer

May 18, 2010, 06:29 PM
    Hi Clough and stringer. I do not intend to do the cleaning myself, or maybe some. I do have some experience with the commercial cleaning. But I have ready workers to do it. All book keeping and admin stuffs, me and my partner knows how to do it. Its just that I have already tried some advertising but result not shown. So I plan to do some cold callings or going to the industrial park itself to promote. Do you think that it is a good idea?
    Business Expert

May 18, 2010, 08:14 PM

It is an excellent idea. All types of advertising helps a 2% return pays for it. However cold calling is the backbone of your business never stop cold calling and getting referrals (which are best). YOu must keep new sales/prospects in your pipeline. Cold calling also allows you to actually see the building/s and what is involved. I never quote without seeing the building/s.

Let's get back to your original question. Have you cold called before? What type of product/services? What training have you had in sales?

Stringer

May 18, 2010, 08:19 PM

Yes, I have cold called before as a sales consultant. Training in sales for government funding for companies. Basic marketing and sales strategy. I had even had training for sales in property and Retail sales in Electronics shops. But I really do not have any experience in cleaning sales. So I really don't know how to even start doing sales for cleaning and maintenance services. Thanks for advice.
    Business Expert

May 18, 2010, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Loganangkokyong View Post
    Yes, i have cold called before as a sales consultant. Training in sales for government funding for companies. basic marketing and sales strategy. I had even had training for sales in property and Retail sales in Electronics shops. But i really do not have any experience in cleaning sales. So i really don't know how to even start doing sales for cleaning and maintenance services. Thanks for advice.
    I have some great articles that will help you with actual personal cold calling and phone cold calling. I have only a few moments presently so we can work on this tomorrow OK?

Stringer

May 18, 2010, 09:04 PM

OK. Sure. Thanks a lot.
    Uber Member

May 18, 2010, 10:29 PM
    What kind of advertising have you already done in the past, Loganangkokyong?

Thanks!

May 18, 2010, 10:32 PM

I had already done through online and newspapers.
    Uber Member

May 18, 2010, 10:38 PM
    I'm not in the residential or commercial cleaning business yet, but I might be someday.

There are a number of other smaller businesses that I run. Most of the business that I get comes from my ads that I've placed on the Internet.

Of course, cold-calling people and referrals are the primary ways to go. However, once a person has placed ads worded the correct way on the Internet, the ads are there and very little maintenance is then required. Plus, everything that I've placed on the Internet is free for me to use!

Have you ever gotten any business because of what you've placed on the Internet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning contract [ 6 Answers ]

How do I go about getting apartment cleaning contracts

How can I get a cleaning contract [ 4 Answers ]

Im trying to start a cleaning business how can I get cleaning conracts?

Contract for cleaning [ 3 Answers ]

How do I write out a contract for a cleaning buisiness?

Cleaning Contract [ 3 Answers ]

How do i get office cleaning contract

Contract cleaning [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any companies selling cleaning contracts or leads

View more questions Search