Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DottiJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2010, 06:13 PM
    Can MO landlord make tenant pay for carpet cleaning if normal wear and tear,no stains
    Can MO landlord make tenant pay for carpet cleaning if normal wear and tear,no stains
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 17, 2010, 06:25 PM

Are they moving out ? Or was this from an inspection?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 17, 2010, 07:27 PM

I would say normally not but an inspection may cause a LL and tenant to not agree on what is normal. Can you post a picture or the bad areas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is normal wear and tear [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I removed area rugs from my apartment floors after two years because they became dirty and uncleanable I do have two small children. I do know that I have to replace the area rugs before moving out. The landlord told me that they are keeping my security to resand the floors. Is this possible...

Landlord/Tenant Law in Texas - What Duty Does Tenant Have to Pay for New Carpet? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, We moved into an apartment two years and three months ago and just moved out. In February, my husband had food poisoning and was very sick. He had taken pepto bismol, but in a polite way, it didn't stay down. Thus, we ended up with some light pink stains in an area about one foot wide...

Notice to landlord about moving out of rental & normal wear and tear [ 8 Answers ]

My husband and I are in the process of buying a house and need to give our landlords notice and want to know if anyone has a sample letter I can use. We have not signed a lease in several years and our lease (if we had one) would be up this month. We will be moving the 2nd week of September. ...

Normal Wear and Tear [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks for the help with LMR. I saw a list somewhere showing what is normal wear and tear after 1 yr, 2 yrs, 3 yrs... etc and the replacement or repair or painting that the landloard will be responsible for when tenant vacates. It may have been a California Laws site?? Can someone provide a...

View more questions Search