Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

May 17, 2010, 06:00 PM
    How can I report abuse of adopted children in another state?
    My niece adopted 4 girls, she already had 2 of her own. She spoils her 2, but treats the 4 adopted children badly. I mean mental, emotional and physical abuse. She lives in another state. But has even kept goats in her house and treated them better then the adopted kids. How can I report her so those kids can get out of that situation?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 17, 2010, 06:20 PM

Just like any other child, you call Child Protective Services in her state.

If you are unsure how to reach them, you can call the police in her town.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 17, 2010, 06:33 PM

Agreed, report it to the police and to children services, be prepared to telll them what you have seen and how you know this to be facts.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

May 18, 2010, 01:33 AM
    How sad, and what a position to be in.

I agree with the others, you are doing the right thing in reporting this to the authorities. At least a check and investigation will hopefully uncover what is going on.

In the meantime, when you learn something, make sure to document it. May be a good idea to jot down notes now of the past. Memory under stress is not reliable sometimes.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any way I can report my dad for abuse but my mother not be charged? [ 11 Answers ]

I want to report my dad for child and spousal abuse but I do not want my mother to be charged with child abuse as well. She is not abusive. If I report my father for child abuse, will my mother also be investigated? If I report my father, and my mother is investigated, will there be separate...

Adoption of adopted children by another spouse [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Russian citizen married to a US citizen. Last year I adopted a Russian child, with the permission of my husband. Now he wants to adopt my son from me, but we all live in a third country and it seems to be impossible to do it here. What should we do now? Do we need to go through an American...

Can child support for non adopted children [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I are going to be getting a divorce she has 2 children that I never adopted. Their biological father is supposed to pay but does not. Would I be required to pay child support. We currently live in PA

Want My Children to Visit Me. Order is from State Where Children No Longer Live [ 8 Answers ]

Children were living with mother in Hawaii when order was signed. Children and mother are now living in NC, have been for 3 years. Does State of NC have jurisdiction or do we have to go back to Hawaii? I want my children to come visit me where I live and she is saying I have to go to NC to visit...

Where can I report elder financial abuse [ 7 Answers ]

First I would like to say that I live in canada. My mother moved in with my brother and his wife aprox, 3 years ago. At first it was fine. She was suppose to pay 300 a month rent. Shortly later it changed that she would buy the groceries instead of paying rent. I have had access to her bank...

View more questions Search