Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BabiixG Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

May 17, 2010, 06:29 AM
    About my lipid profile
    I have no idea what this means.I'm still waiting on an email reply from my physician but was just wondering if you can help me out until then?
    LDL 114 (0-100 MG/DL) H
    CHOL/HDL RATIO 3.40 ( 4.37-4.51) L
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 17, 2010, 06:35 AM
    Think of LDL as the "Little Devils" They are bad. So if it is high, that is not a good thing.

HDL are the "Heavenly Darlings." That is the good kind of cholesterol.

Looks as though you need to lower your LDL and raise your HDL.

This can be done with diet an exercise.

May 17, 2010, 06:39 AM

I might hve a problem with my thyroid, I'm getting an ultrasound soon, could that have anything to do with it? I exercise atleat 4 days a week (jogging, yoga) and eat pretty healthy because I only eat asian food which is rice and vegetables and barely any meat yet I gained 10 pounds and keep losing and gaining the same 5 pounds!
    Expert

May 17, 2010, 06:40 AM
    Have you had your serum thyroid checked? That would be your T3, T4 and TSH.

May 17, 2010, 06:42 AM

TSH W/RFLX 0.57 (0.35-4.94 UIU/ML ) I do have a lump near my thyroid which I think may be why she ordered the ultrasound

May 17, 2010, 06:57 AM

Actually the lump is on the side of my neck not the front so maybe that doesn't have anything to do with it the lump is probably unrelated but when she felt my thyroid she said it didn't feel right so does the blood test rule that out?
    Expert

May 17, 2010, 06:59 AM
    No, the blood test won't rule that out. It's best to go with the ultrasound.

Just and FYI, you are not alone, I am going through something very similar. I'm still figuring all of this out. I'm a labor and delivery nurse, I know little about this sort of thing, but I am quickly learning.

May 17, 2010, 07:01 AM

Well it would explain a lot because I looked it up and did some research online. I have been pregnant 4 times and only had 1 live birth.. I can't seem to get through a pregnancy although all my dr's said that there is nothing wrong with me. I read that thyroid problems can cause fertility issues so I'm kind of hoping I've finally found the answer to what happened with all those pregnancies and can be on my way to fixing it.
    Expert

May 17, 2010, 07:02 AM
    I don't know if that's the case. My sister had thyroid cancer, had her thyroid destroyed and still had 2 beautiful babies afterward.

May 17, 2010, 07:05 AM

I don't think it always happens it's sometimes.. And also I have 1 child My grandmother had the same problem she had a lot of miscarriages so maybe I got that from her? But still managed to make 9 children =)
    Expert

May 17, 2010, 07:14 AM
    I wish you well. Keep me posted what you find out. I'll let you know if I learn anything as well.

Time for bed for me. I just got home from a 12 hour shift at the hospital and I'm starting to nod off.

May 17, 2010, 07:16 AM

That must be fun! Well I bet its worth it anyway!I'm going to school 50 hours a week just to graduate 5 months early tobecome a medical assistant lol I can't wait to do more schooling! I definitely would love to work with kids! Thank for the advice I'll keep this post updated if I find out anything
    Expert

May 17, 2010, 07:19 AM
    It's fun until you work a 12 hour shift with no patients. That makes for a very long night. LOL

Good for you and school. Keep it up.

May 17, 2010, 07:48 AM

Go to BED! Lol
    Expert

May 17, 2010, 07:49 AM
    Yes, ma'am!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brief Profile [ 1 Answers ]

Good Day I just want to know how to write a brief introuduction for our our company and send it to other companies?

How to prepare a small business profile, or format of small business profile [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me to prepare a business profile letter Thanks Kevin

How to write business profile can I get a format of business profile [ 6 Answers ]

How to write business profile can I get the format of business profile?

View more questions Search