Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    northvssouth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2010, 07:41 PM
    Found a bug on my bed
    I need to know what this is that was in my bed. I found a white worm looking maggot. It's smaller than a worm & a maggot. If you stick the point of a tweezer up to it... it's smaller than that too. I only could find three of them on my bed. I sprayed my bed and I am washing all my bedding could someone please tell me what they think it is. I have a three month old that has slept on that bed. I need to make sure it's harmless
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 17, 2010, 01:56 AM

They're obviously larvae of some kind. Without a microscope it will be nearly impossible to tell which.

If you can find some more you could collect them and take them to a local college's biology department for identification.

I cannot tell you they're harmless, particularly in light of where you found them. To collect more, check the seams of the mattress very carefully.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What bug is picking me in bed sofa [ 2 Answers ]

The bugs I can't see but can't sleep cause of the picky feeling its like a pick on my face then on leg or shoulder

Bed bug bites [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently left an apartment infested with bed bugs. I left all my furniture most of my knick knacks stuffed animals books. The rest of my stuff is stored outside.I have not even brought any of my clothes in yet and it has been four months. Now all of a sudden I have these red dime sized...

Bed bug infestation [ 2 Answers ]

I am renting an apartment and it has bedbugs. My daughter is allergic to the bite and cannot sleep there. Who is responsible for there removal? I have contacted the landlord several times and I am told someone will get back to me. It has been a month since I first called. I live in Washington PA.

Bed bug bite marks [ 6 Answers ]

Before I knew it was bed bugs I thought I was sick so I have been scratching for sometime, now brown marks all over my body, will this go away and how long it will take , they look disgusting I can not even wear short sleeves any more.

Bed bug blotchy scars [ 3 Answers ]

Have bitten by bed bugs all over and now I have these darker marks, how can I get rid off these they make look dirty, I have heard of monobenzone would it work, the marks on my neck, torso, arms, legs

View more questions Search