Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    precious_angel_sj Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 04:14 PM
    Mother not feeding pups
    My dog has been refusing to feed her 3 week old puppies. Do you have any advice?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2006, 05:19 PM
    Unfortunately our society does a very poor job of education people about the responsibilities of breeding dogs or even having them. Get some books and start doing the reading any responsible person would have done long ago. Successful Dog Breeding, by Chris Walkowicz, DMV would be a good one to start with.

I am sorry is this isn't the friendly, helpful answer you hoped for, but I find the misery resulting from poorly informed people breeding dogs, quite painful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What ARE these pups? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We've recently taken in two puppies that were dropped off on a friend's doorstep. I am wondering if anyone could tell me what the mix might be. These pictures are both of the girl (they look very similar.) I've had pit bull suggested, but we're really not sure. Is there any way to tell...

Do chiuahua pups get along with kittens? [ 1 Answers ]

Well u can call me Candy if you would like 2. :D :D um... I'm new here and I'm open 2 new things and love seeing different answers. So my question is Do 8 week old chiuahuas get along with 8 month old kittens? Please answer ASAP!

Will a mother beagle eat her pups? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a mother beagle that gave birth to 7 pups. They are 3 weeks old today and now we have 4. We found half a head where the mother had eaten one and we assume 2 others. Is this normal? Puppies were developing well. The 4 left seem well nourished and healthy. Mother seems to have plenty...

Doxie Pups Run From Me [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get my 9 month old Doxie pups from running away from me? The female does this when I want to put her in the kennel (she will not be bribed with treats) and the male when he occasionally gets out the front door and runs across the street. I've "had it" with the both of them and ready to...

Feeding 2 dashchund puppies [ 6 Answers ]

:D We just got two 8 weeks old brother and sister doxies, I'm a little confused as to how much to feed them. The breeder said to feed them two times a day, but I didn't catch how much and she is out of town for a week. We are feeding them Purina Puppy Chow and a little Avoderm. This is what the...

View more questions Search