Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drowland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2010, 02:22 PM
    First Violation of Probation
    In Florida, my boyfriend has just had his first violation of probation. Original probation was for 3 years. He is half way through, 1 1/2 years into it. He was told by someone in jail that whatever time he might get would be reduced by the 6 months he originally did in county jail. Is this true?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 15, 2010, 02:27 PM

No, if they were going to give him the full 3 years in prison for the violation then yes, but if they give him 6 months, he will serve most of that 6 months before being put back on probation.
    juke1958 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2013, 07:14 PM
    My son has a probation violation, but he is in jail for another charge, he did all of his probation time lacking 3 months and has been in jail about 6 months, will he pull all of his probation for violation time or will he pull the remaining time he had.
    juke1958 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2013, 07:18 PM
    If a person is in jail and they violate his probation after they have already completed the most of the probation and they have serving time for another charge, will they pull all of the original time on probation and do they get any time served while in jail

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Second violation but first formal probation violation sentencing [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was violated on informal probation and sentenced 30 days. Now he's on formal probation and was violated. What will he be sentenced?

Maryland violation of probation time limits to file violation [ 2 Answers ]

I was given 5 yrs of probation during which I violated the terms by not paying restituion as indicated . I could not pay for financial reasons and a violation was filed and I was found guilty. The judge sentenced me to 6 months jail and said that I would have only 6 months left after I got out to...

Violation of probation, but not convicted until probation is supposed to be expunged [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently on probation for paraphilnalia charges and my one year is over and this is to be expunged on jan 5, 2010. I recently have been charged with theft hoewever, and I probably will not have a hearing and get convicted for this until after jan 5th. So techniqually I will have been expunged...

Violation of traffic Probation while on unsupervised crimal probation [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was sentenced 3 yrs unsupervised probation for 2nd degree assault. He already had a case pending for traffic. He hit a car bumper. Was sentenced to supervised probation and to pay fines for damages of 1,000 dollars. We haven't paid the fine yet, we will at tax time we just haven't had...

View more questions Search