Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chasshillingt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2010, 01:03 PM
    PC5010 and any keypad do not seem to communicate. Help please
    Inoperable DSC PC5010 panel. Any keypad lights up including constant 'trouble'. Cannot enter any codes. Hardware default via PG1 to zone1 contact short seems not to work. Help please.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 15, 2010, 01:44 PM

There are more steps than just shorting the pins.
    With the trouble light lit, press * 2, that will tell you of troubles, can you give more history.

May 15, 2010, 02:24 PM

Thanks for your reply. I get no response from keypad, so cannot enter anything. In the past *2 has worked. Things seemed OK till I added a 4th keypad, then went from bad to worse. System worked with 4th keypad, but that keypad only showed constant 'program' indicator.
    Uber Member

May 15, 2010, 04:28 PM

## should exit programming, you need to assign the 4th keypad likely as Partition 1, Keypad 4 in Location 000, then you need to do a 902(enable supervision) wait a minute, then enter 903 and it should show 4 keypads, and any expanders/receivers, or anything on the buss, after that, anything removed will show up as it was supervised.

May 17, 2010, 11:43 AM

Thank you Stratmando. Everything now working. I apparently suffered a brain fart sometime back, and inadvertently assigned all keypads as global, then neglected to select partition 1 as required. Thanks again.
    Uber Member

May 18, 2010, 06:20 AM

Good Deal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dsc alarm pc5010 I stopped monitoring, can I still use alarm? I keep getting a troubl [ 1 Answers ]

I stopped having my dsc alarm PC5010 monitored. Can I use the audible only? I keep getting a trouble, clock problem and it won't let me set it.

Garage door opener goes down but not up using keypad [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sears craftsman 1/2 hp opener, chain drive, about 9 yrs. Old. sensors, 2 remotes, wall switch and keypad switch. Works fine with all except the keypad switch. Lately the door will not go up when using the keypad switch. Goes down fine with keypad switch. Makes no noise, only silence. ...

Emission test cannot communicate with vehicle [ 6 Answers ]

Brought my 2004 yukon for new sticker. It failed emission test . It cannot communicate with the obc. I was told to drive it for around 50 mi which I did . It failed again. Then was told there was now power at the connector under the dash. Changed the bat about thee mounths ago,no check engine light...

Hand held keypad [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a hand held wireless keypad that can have items entered upon then downloaded into excel.

Integrated keypad and control panel [ 4 Answers ]

We have been shopping around for a security system for a while. Lately we have been talking to a company called Monitronics and they have offered us 5 doors, 4 windows, one smoke, and one glass breaker for 210 dollars. Our concern is that their system does not have a separate control panel....

View more questions Search