Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdparks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2010, 12:16 PM
    Can't remove Delta sleeve from valve cartridge!!
    I'm trying to remove a Delta faucet assembly from the shower and am stuck with how to get the outer sleeve off the valve cartridge. We've tried prying and pulling. Can't remove sleeve, but have removed retaining ring and there is no set screw. See picture.

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 15, 2010, 03:23 PM
    Is this your valve? (see image)
    Attached Images

Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 15, 2010, 05:10 PM

Unscrew that long chrome sleeve. The rest will come out. Use channel locks. Do not apply too much pressure or it will dent preventing it to turn. Be patient, too...
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

May 15, 2010, 08:58 PM

Looks like the old 642 model, be careful not to apply too much pressure as you can break the ball assembly off the brass body, there are three 3/8 copper tubes that attach the ball assembly onto the brass valve body and can break with too much pressure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove single valve handle - Delta Shower [ 48 Answers ]

I've got the Seats & Springs to fix a leaky Delta Monitor 1400 Series faucet (and the water is turned off), and am stuck at the very beginning. The handle is a single lever, it appears that the Set Screw is missing. I've tried twisting the lever and pulling without success - not knowing which is...

Delta shower cartridge [ 2 Answers ]

My home has a Delta faucet whereas the cold is actually hot and hot is cold. Just visited a friend and they have the same situation with the same faucet. Assuming something is installed incorrectly? Thank you, Tom

Delta shower cartridge removal [ 1 Answers ]

What is the secret to removing the entire cartridge? I have the replacement # RP32104. It may be just scale and mineral build up. Approx 5 yrs old

Delta Shower Cartridge replacement [ 3 Answers ]

How to replace Delta Shower Cartridge

Replacing Delta shower cartridge [ 3 Answers ]

I have a shower with a Delta single knob that you turn to the left to make the water go from cold to hot. Only one knob. This is a stand up shower, no tub. I don't know the Delta model #. It was dripping constantly so I called a plumber and he came and changed out the cartridge. Now, I don't...

View more questions Search