Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    secrets28979 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2010, 06:51 AM
    Problem connecting 2 external HDD together.
    Hii I got 2 external multimedia hard drive of toshiba one of them is 1TB and the other is 1.5TB... but when I connect both of them together 2 my laptop it shows only one of them at a time in My Computer... when I connect them individually it works fine... can anyone tell me how do I make them visible together so that I can back up my HDD... I even tried going in the administrator properties of disc management it shows both the drives in it but one of them which I connect second is deactivated and it doesn't allows me any option when I click on it... thnx you in advance...
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 15, 2010, 07:07 AM

What OS are you using? Have you told the system to "activate" the hard drive after it has been installed? Are these USB or ESATA connected HD's?

May 17, 2010, 10:38 AM

Hii it's a windows 7 64 bit and I can see the option of activation but its not highlighted I can't click on it... and both the HDD are USB ones...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 17, 2010, 11:21 AM
    Make sure they aren't trying to use the same drive letter.
    DO a search for computer management and check.
    You might need to assign a diffferent letter to one of them.

May 18, 2010, 07:35 AM

Hiii thanks for the reply... well I got it exchanged one of the 1.5 tb hdd with the seller and finally it did start working straight away with a new one so I guess it could be some manufacturing defect or something... finall got it sorted thanks a lot for your help appreciate it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

External HDD Write protection [ 4 Answers ]

I have an external drive with songs and I like to write protect with a software in order to avoid to delete any records. Does anybody knows how to do it?

Sata external HDD not seen by computer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new computer with a sata hard drive installed. I am trying to connect and external sata hard drive to the USB 2 port, but it is not seen in My Computer or Windows Explorer. It also came with an e-sata connection which I have not used. Am I not doing something right? >Moved from Forum...

External HDD recognized but not accessible [ 4 Answers ]

I was trying to backup my complete c: system drive to an external HDD using Nero 7. After a couple of hours it crashed, unfortunately unable to read the error message. I have had on occasion the "Delayed write failed....." error so assumed the crash was something to do with that. Now, when I try ro...

USB External 2.5" HDD [ 3 Answers ]

G'day there. I have a USB 2.5" Laptop external case with my back up stuff I use at TAFE College. Been working fine, no probs. I have loaded Mojo onto it as I can load Office 2007 and use it on the pc's at class time instead of Office 2003. One day I plugged it in and nothing, wouldn't show up but...

External HDD use in diff. OS [ 10 Answers ]

I can join external HDD using USB port in my Windows XP system but when I tried to join it in a Windows 98 system (after installation of its driver) it does not work. Can you please guide me steps to joint this in Windows 98 system. In my XP system, it works fine. Second question is that I...

View more questions Search