Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    williambraid Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2010, 06:41 AM
    video editing software
    I have used Pinnacle studio 9 for the last six years and always found it to be satisfactory. I upgraded my PC in Jan of this year having transferred my Windows XP on to the new faster machine along with Studio 9. Where before the only problem was the very slow speed for editing I now find that the software creates many glitches and frequently crashes. Finally I was getting repeated blue screen errors and after three attempts at reinstalling I have stopped using it altogether. PC works well with all other installed softwares but my main hobby of filmaking is now on hold.
    Can anyone help please?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 15, 2010, 07:09 AM

How much memeory is in your new machine? Did you do a clean install of the software when you "moved" it to the new machine? Have you done any updates to the software?

May 15, 2010, 07:24 AM

New PC has 4GB of memory.
    All programmes were scanned beore and after installation.
    Internet Research Expert

May 15, 2010, 07:28 AM

Did you get updates for your software? 4gb should be enough for video editing. Are your video drivers up to date?
    Internet Research Expert

May 15, 2010, 07:31 AM

They are up to version 14 now. You can apply for an upgrade.

Ref:

Avid | Pinnacle Studio Upgrades

It should be light years ahead of what you already have.

May 15, 2010, 08:12 AM

Thanks for your help.
    Pinnacle no longer supports Version 9 but I'm puzzled as to why it worked on my old PC and doesn't on a faster one.
    I have looked at Version 14 but before committing I would want to research compatibility with camera and PC---my former confidence has been shaken.
    Internet Research Expert

May 15, 2010, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by williambraid View Post
    Thanks for your help.
    Pinnacle no longer supports Version 9 but I'm puzzled as to why it worked on my old PC and doesn't on a faster one.
    I have looked at Version 14 but before commiting I would want to research compatibility with camera and PC---my former confidence has been shaken.
    Did you get a new OS (operating system) with your new machine? That could have something to do with it. Also many video software programs are directX dependent. Sometimes older versions have trouble. If your new machine is vista or win7 you can try compatibility mode and see about running it like it would in XP.

May 16, 2010, 03:08 AM

Operating system on the new PC (Custom built) is Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00GHz) and running Windows XP.
    Not sure what directX means but all indications are that you are right in that the OS is at the root of the problem. I have checked out other editing softwares but my initial work with Pinnacle has bred in me a liking for the system.
    From that standpoint I will continue researching their latest versions making sure that my PC will allow them to run successfully
    PinnacleSVE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2010, 04:20 PM
    I'm wondering where you netted out on this. I think you're on the right track that the newer version of the OS won't support the older version of Pinnacle. Especially one as old as V.9. Keep an eye out for some sales lately with Pinnacle. They seem to be sprinkling in some pretty good deals lately for versions with more capabilities for lower prices. The full Pinnacle Studio version was down to $79 US recently. As your version is older, there may not be an upgrade path. But not to worry, you can download the Pinnacle Studio trial without any problems to try it out.
    One thing I don't know is if your old projects will work in the latest software.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking For Video Editing Software [ 2 Answers ]

I recently ordered a Samsung SMX F34 camcorder (my first camcorder). I checked out YouTube videos made with it & people say that it has mp4 format. Many also say that the software that comes with it lowers the quality. I am new to video technology & Im on a budget. So what would be a low cost,...

Software for editing [ 2 Answers ]

Could anyone advice me which software to use for downloading a video from a camcorder using A/V cables?

For Editing software. [ 1 Answers ]

Hai I am Raj Aryan from India.I would like to get the information regarding the latest Editing software available in the market as well the needed hard ware and software configeration for a good Editing workshop. Thanking you, Your Truly Raj

Video Editing Software [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 movie clips that I loaded from my Panasonic Digital Camcorder to my Windows PC Computer. I want to be able to cut half of the 1st clip so only the left side plays and cut half of the 2nd clip so only the right side shows. Then merge the 2 edited clips together and play them simultaneously....

View more questions Search