Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FireWolf330 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2010, 09:26 AM
    Food stamps
    I just recently applied for food stamps and medicaid through A.C.C.E.S.S and my partner had to be listed. I am 11 weeks pregnant and they are telling us now that due to me having my food stamps his are being terminated. He receives SSI and food stamps through disability and they sent a letter saying he will no longer receive food stamps as of May 31st 2010 when he has had them for 6-7 years.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 14, 2010, 09:34 AM

What is your question?

It appears that a decision has already been made concerning food stamps - you can always appeal (or, rather, he can appeal).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2010, 04:46 PM

You have to declare household income, it appears he did not declare your income or you when he got his food stanps.?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2010, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FireWolf330 View Post
    I just recently applied for food stamps and medicaid through A.C.C.E.S.S and my partner had to be listed. I am 11 weeks pregnant and they are telling us now that due to me having my food stamps his are being terminated. He receives SSI and food stamps through disability and they sent a letter saying he will no longer receive food stamps as of May 31st 2010 when he has had them for 6-7 years.
    As was already stated, I don't know what your question is. Do you somehow feel that you and your partner should be entitled to DOUBLE food stamp privileges? Why should two separate people in the same household receive the same benefit on two separate cases?

He can appeal but I can tell you now that it will be a waste of time. If both of you are residing in the household, your case worker will account for both of you and your income(s) in order to determine what your eligibility amount will be each month.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 15, 2010, 09:24 AM

You can't play ends against the middle when it comes to Food Stamps. You both live in the same household therefore you and he must requalify together as one household for food stamps period. There is no appealing the fact that you can't collect food stamps per individual. It's the household that collects the food stamps - not the individual.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Food stamps in Florida [ 33 Answers ]

I hope that this is the right venue for this question. I lost my job this past summer and in December I applied for, and was awarded, food stamps for myself. My partner, who I have lived with for going on seven years now, did not want to be included at that time in my application, because...

Food Stamps and SSI [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Arkansas and 2 of my 3 daughters get SSI. I am applying for food stamps and been doing some research and I am confused. Will it go by gross income or net income since we have daughters that qualify as disabled. My husband works and the last 30 days income, which I have to take to my...

Cash aid? Food stamps? [ 2 Answers ]

I couldn't find a better place to ask these questions, so I hope someone could answer them! Im going to be 18 in 2 months, I have a 7month old son, and could possibly have another on the way. I have a job, not a very good one but I have one. I still live with mom and dad. I have a fiancé, who is...

What's the website for food stamps application [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I just turned 18 and on my own and barely any money for food all month so how doi apply online for food stamps please help me

View more questions Search