Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xgemini5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2010, 03:54 PM
    Overheating conderser fan motor
    My old condenser motor was overheating and stoping. I replace it with a new motor but it is overheating and stoping also
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 14, 2010, 04:33 PM

Check voltage getting to fan motor.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2010, 04:48 PM

Was the rpm and hp the same?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 15, 2010, 12:26 AM
    Did you also change the motor run capacitor with a new one of the correct value for the new motor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace fan motor overheating [ 9 Answers ]

I recently replaced my entire air conditioning system. The furnace was fine so I kept it from the trash heap. I removed the fan assembly from the housing. My extension is to build a "blower box" to blow ambient air. Not sure what we're going to do with it, but it was fun for the kids to learn...

Overheating blower motor [ 5 Answers ]

Rb6369 wrote: > Hi,can you help me with my problem?? I see that you have a lot of answers for others online . > I have a aire-flo 92 high efi furnace and 2.5 ton c/a. > 2 yr old with no problems until now. Motor overheated and shuts off until cooled down. Runs about 2 min and gets super hot....

Trane TR80 Condenser Fan motor overheating. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a Trane TR80 system coupled with an XE 1000 A/C unit, and a few nights ago, I noticed that it was a little warm in the house when I got home from work. The fittings for the outside unit and the condenser coil had a fair amount of frost on them, so I shut the unit off to...

Blower motor overheating [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 70 split unit. 19 years old, current motor and cap are 10 years old. The blower motor stopped working on AC. My AC outdoors runs fine. Motor issue persists regardless of Tstat settings - I tried heat & cool, auto and on. (left in the on position). Opening up the ahu, the...

View more questions Search