Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    envelope1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2010, 10:25 AM
    Small Engine Carburetor Problem
    I have an approx 10 year old Murray lawn tractor with a 20hp Briggs & Stratton twin cylinder engine. It has been running uneven for a little while. It will rev up and down in about a 2 second cycle. If I have a load on the engine (i.e. in drive with the blades engaged) it will run just fine for about 20 minutes. After that it basically just stops. I have put in new gas, added carburetor cleaner to the current tank, cleaned the plugs (they are new this spring), checked the fuel filter, and cleaned the air filter (new this spring). Once it dies, I can restart it, but it will only run for a few seconds. After a day or so I can get the same 20 minutes out of it before it dies. Any tips or suggestions?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2010, 07:29 AM

If the cleaner didn't help ,you need to clean out the carb,sounds like the jet isn't all the way clear ,its notting getting enough fuel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snowblower carburetor leaking. What could be the problem(s)? [ 3 Answers ]

Carburetor is leaking gas. What could be the problems? Gasket?

Small engine cranks, doesn't run [ 5 Answers ]

I have a rider mower that uses a 17.5 hp Briggs and Stratton engine. The engine cranks but does not run. I have replaced the fuel lines (which were cracked), the fuel filter, the spark plugs, the oil, battery,and air filter. I have gas getting to the carburetor but after that - nothing. I have...

Bearing removal of small engine [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am trying to replace piston and rings in 3 hp briggs engine and on the crankshaft side without the flywheel there is a ball bearing that I can not get off and I don't want to damage the crank. Any suggestions? Would a puller work without damage? Thanks

2-Cycle Small Engine Oil [ 2 Answers ]

At the store, you can find 2-cycle engine oil that read: 25:1, 32:1, 50:1 or 100:1 ratio on each bottle. Does this mean that the oil is in different concentrations in each of these bottles? I understand the mixing ration, but if I want a 25:1 ratio, can I use a bottle that reads 100:1ratio? ...

Small briggs engine [ 1 Answers ]

What are the causes of gas in the oil sump?

View more questions Search