Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommo27 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 11:49 AM
    London underground
    As the london underground has countless disused stations how do engineers go about closing the line,do they fill it in with concrete,brick it up or simply leave it:confused:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Good question. A little googling brought up this little wonder of a site:
    http://underground-history.co.uk/front.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underground Cast iron to pvc [ 1 Answers ]

I am adding a on to a bathroom in my basement. I want to put a sink a tub in. The main issue is that the sewage line under the concrete floor is cast iron. Can I connect pvc to castiron with a boot and then cover back up with dirt? Are there an issues with do it that way? Is there a better way?

Underground waste drainage [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I need to separate my waste drainage from my neighbour but this means either digging up the concrete floor to find where the connection of his waste pipe to mine is or capping all my existing outlets and creating a floating floor through the house with new piping (the bathroom will be...

I am awesome in Need for Speed: Underground [ 2 Answers ]

In Need for Speed: Underground for Xbox, I was driving a Volkswagen Golf with only Level 1 upgrades and beating everything, even the new Toyota Celicas! During the second Interstate Drag, WITHOUT Nitrous oxide, I hit 165about 20 seconds before finish line, at finish line, hit 185 with nitrous, and...

Underground mining [ 2 Answers ]

If you work as a underground miner, and duirng your shift you experience stuck in a "cave in" will you still get paid if you come out alive and will you receive overtime Pay for the entire time you are stuck underground?

Underground wiring advice [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently in the middle of digging a trench from my house to my garage, in order to wire the garage. What I would like to know is this: I live in NYC, which frowns upon the use of PVC in electrical work (i.e. no Romex, PVC boxes, non-metallic conduit, etc.), so I'm assuming I cannot...

View more questions Search