Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria2222 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2010, 10:21 PM
    How is your take on this?
    I have a blind date next week.. and I hear the guy has a really nice smile..
    Do you consider guys with nice smiles good looking attractive..
    taaam Posts: 27, Reputation: 9

Apr 17, 2010, 02:34 AM

Even if a guy isn't good looking, he can have a nice smile.
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Apr 17, 2010, 03:48 AM

Lol sounds like they said he has a nice smile like that is the only thing nice about him.

How did they tell you? Were they excited to say he had a nice smile, di they seem impressed, or were they hesitant?

I could have easily taken that way wrong. I hope your date is not a total catastrophy. At least you know he has nice teeth probably.:rolleyes:

Do I think a nice smile can make someone attractive? YES. Point in case, Cameron Diaz has the most awesome smile in the world! Angelina Jolee has a great smile with the most full kissable lips ever. Otherwise Angelina wouldn't really be anything all that special. Julia Roberts smile can melt your heart. Alissa Milano has a crappy smile, but she makes up for it in being generally hot all over. I don't really notice smiles on men, with the exception of Jim Carry in The Mask because it was animated. Gosh that movie was fun to watch when it came out. How great would it be to... Never mind, that's way off subject. Hey, did I just start with a character from the Mask and end with one for the Mask? That's too funny.

But back to the topic, a nice smile can go a long way, but if the package behind the smile isn't at least all right, it can be wasted.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2010, 04:27 AM

I love to be around people that smile.

A smile attracts you to a person, but doesn't necessarily make them attractive/handsome. You'll just have to go out on the date to find out!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2010, 08:49 AM

Enjoy the date,he may have a great personality to match the smile!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 17, 2010, 08:55 AM

What happened to the online guy??
    maria2222 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2010, 07:01 AM
    What should I think!!
    Threads merged again

I have been chatting with this guy online for about 6 weeks.. We usually
    Chat 2 or three times a week. Actually the first time we chatted it was a nice conversation.. than we didn't chat for two weeks well the last month
    We chatted longer.. Well this week I have not chatted with him all week.I
    Noticed he was on the other day but I wasn't. He told me he really liked
    Chatting with me and I told him the same.. he appears to me very
    Skeptical.. So I was wondering what should I think about us not chatting for awhile.. Wanted some opinion...
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2010, 07:11 AM

The Internet is a vast sea of people and he may be chatting up so many people he loses track!

Some people spend hours a day chatting,maybe just looking for a nice conversation and some are looking for romance and some are looking just to hook-up.Some are looking to woo you away from your money!

Maybe he was looking for something he did not feel you were willing to give.

Be careful out there,predators are not just child molesters but also people who are looking for someone who has money,who are naïve and he may have been one of those predators.

Of course he seemed nice and he very well may be but there are also users who make a living out of scamming people.

Be on guard and know that there are many many more fish in the big pond!
    Find a new chat buddy :)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 12, 2010, 07:12 AM

More questions than answers: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...es-456124.html

In the other thread, you were asked how old you are and didn't respond. I will ask again: How old are you?

How did you meet this guy?

From what you have written here and in the other thread, I don't think this is a relationship as much as a possible acquaintanceship that you are trying to make more than it is.

I would talk to him when your paths cross, but I wouldn't go out of my way to talk to him. Get out and meet new people. Face to face is a great way to get non-verbal clues as to what a person is really saying.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 12, 2010, 07:18 AM

I agree with Artlady, this stranger may have his own motives for being online and they may not match yours, so by no means make this into a dramatic soap opera. And never assume someone's words mean anything, because when you do, you will be hurt because, it doesn't mean the same to them as it does you.

If you can't enjoy the chats without drama, then you need different chat buddies, or some real life people to hang around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search