Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billc507 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 06:43 PM
    Ceiling fan troubleshooting
    I just recently installed a 1 yr old monte carlo fan in a new location.  After 1 day, it's humming.  it's controlled by dimmer switch on the wall.  Any suggestions
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 11, 2010, 07:35 PM

The fan is humming or the dimmer? Tell me as much as you can about this dimmer, did it come with the fan.

May 11, 2010, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    The fan is humming or the dimmer? Tell me as much as you can about this dimmer, did it come with the fan.
    The humming comes from the fan.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 12, 2010, 09:57 AM

Remove the dimmer switch, replace it with a regular wall switch. The humming will go away.

Ceiling fan remote controls, remote kits, speed controls, dimmer switches and more - at Ceiling Fans 'N More

May 12, 2010, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair View Post
    Remove the dimmer switch, replace it with a regular wall switch. The humming will go away.

Ceiling fan remote controls, remote kits, speed controls, dimmer switches and more - at Ceiling Fans 'N More
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troubleshooting ceiling fan remotes [ 2 Answers ]

My celing fan remote only stops the remote. It will not change the 3 speeds. Ceiling fan always runs on high no matter which speed on the remote I select... except stop??

Ceiling fan troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

The lights on my ceiling fan automatically cycle through rapid flashing to on, then dimming to off, repeat cycle over and over... The remote is transmitting and the fan motor is OK.

Ceiling Fan Troubleshooting [ 6 Answers ]

I just removed one ceiling fan w/light and replaced it with another. The new ceiling fan will not work but the attached light kit does work. They use the same power source, I don't understand what the trouble could be. The fan is a brand new lower end Hunter. Thanks for any ideas.

Troubleshooting ceiling fan mounting [ 2 Answers ]

Troubleshooting ceiling fan mounting on sloped ceiling remote won't fit. Look like I need an elongated mounting part. Just bought harbor breeze fan at Lowe's. What can I do to make the wireless remote slide into the unit. The sloped ceiling is making it difficult to slide the remote in place .

Remote ceiling fan troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

We have two identical Harbor Breeze fans with separate remotes that have been working well for past 2 years. One fan has stopped responding to remote. Remote for non functioning fan will operate second fan if dip switch setting is adjusted. Is there any other resolution than replacing...

View more questions Search