Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

May 11, 2010, 06:31 PM
    What makes you move?
    So what song makes you get up and move? It can either be an all time favorite or something new...

What makes you get out of your seat and play the air guitar, or attempt to break dance or look like you are having a fit?

Post a song name or a YouTube clip

Mine would be: "Low" by Flo Rida... :)

YouTube - Flo Rida - Low [OFFICIAL VIDEO]
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 11, 2010, 06:56 PM

Here are a few I had to ban myself from while driving.
    They don't seem to appreciate if your driving 135 miles mph on the highways. (218 kph) for those outside the U.S.

YouTube - Lynyrd Skynyrd-Free bird

YouTube - Heart - Barracuda (HQ)

YouTube - Pat Benatar-Heartbreaker

There's a lot more too. Lol

May 11, 2010, 07:02 PM

Cool... back before I got married and had my cool car, I used to listen to most R&B songs with bass... had a huge sub, so that was great, but now I have a tiny car, so not much cool song can be played in there...

Still..

YouTube - rascal flatts fast cars & freedom

YouTube - "Life Is A Highway" - Rascal Flatts Official Music Video
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 11, 2010, 07:11 PM

Your married not dead!! Get some speakers. Its amazing what they have out there now. Enjoy the ride.

May 11, 2010, 07:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Your married not dead !!! Get some speakers. Its amazing what they have out there now. Enjoy the ride.
    Haha... very true... but recently married means not really enough money to get good speakers... not yet anyway... so will wait... will get myself a car next year for my birthday... :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 11, 2010, 08:31 PM
    Hi, BlackVY!

Would wanting to move in other ways other than you've listed also count, please? Also, are you interested in any style and/or genre of music?

Thanks!

May 11, 2010, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, BlackVY!

Would wanting to move in other ways other than you've listed also count, please? Also, are you interested in any style and/or genre of music?

Thanks!
    Haha... yes Clough... other ways count too... as long as you mention what other ways that music makes you move.. Lol!

Any genre is fine... I enjoy my R&B and HipHop music... but right now I'm listening to Rascal Flatts... which is country rock I think... Its all good.. :)
    Uber Member

May 11, 2010, 09:30 PM
    Originally Posted by Clough

Hi, BlackVY!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackVY View Post
    Haha... yes Clough... other ways count too... as long as you mention what other ways that music makes you move.. Lol!

Any genre is fine... I enjoy my R&B and HipHop music... but right now I'm listening to Rascal Flatts... which is country rock I think... Its all good.. :)
    Do you like medieval, Renaissance or barbershop chorus music? That's just to name a few of the types of music that I'm into. Some of the pieces would definitely inspire a person to move in certain ways, if that person knows how to enjoy the music.

Thanks!

May 11, 2010, 09:34 PM

Wow Clough... very interesting tastes you have...

I might see if I can find some of those types of music tonight and see if they can make me move... Barbershop does tend to make my foot tap though...
    Uber Member

May 11, 2010, 09:41 PM
    I'm just curious as to what you think barbershop styled music is, before you go searching for it, if you wouldn't mind sharing about that?

I know that I had a preconception as to what it was about, before I was invited to attend a rehearsal. My preconception turned out to be a misconception!

Thanks!

May 11, 2010, 09:45 PM

Isn't it a group of 4 people with different tone voices, who sing in harmony?

Just a guess
    Uber Member

May 11, 2010, 09:52 PM
    A quartet would be a group of four people. That is the main tradition of barbershop singing. However, there are also choruses. Within those choruses, there might be a few or many quartets.

As far as tone, I think what you mean is voice quality or timbre. In barbershop quartet or chorus singing, that would be tenor, lead, baritone and bass.

So, do you know any more about barbershop quartet or chorus singing, please?

May 11, 2010, 09:55 PM

Nope... that's about all I know...

Have you seen the sitcom "Scrubs"? There are 4 guys on there who sing a lot, and I think they do barbershop, but I'm not really sure... All I know is they sing acapella and it sounds good... Lol!
    Uber Member

May 11, 2010, 10:00 PM
    Okay. So, does mean that you liked what you heard?

No, I haven't seen the sitcom "Scrubs". I'm not much of a T.V. watcher.

It's interesting, that the last time that I checked, this thread has already had 60 views, and you just started it this evening! That's a pretty fast growth in views in a short amount of time for a thread!

May 11, 2010, 10:21 PM

YouTube - The Blanks - Superman

This is one of the things they do in the show, but they have instruments in others... they are pretty good and yeah, I do quite like what they do...

I guess it is pretty good that people are checking out this thread, but not too many posts, other than you, me and Cali... but all good... the night is still young out there... but my day at work is coming to an end in about 2 hours, so that's cool... :)
    Uber Member

May 11, 2010, 10:24 PM
    I can't really listen to YouTube videos right now because I'm on a dial-up connection. When I'm on a high-speed connection, I'll be able to listen to what can be found by clicking on the link that you posted.

Would you like to hear one of the best barbershop choruses in the world?

May 11, 2010, 10:26 PM

That's fine... no worries...

Sure... I'd love to listen to it. Please post the link to it. Thanks
    Uber Member

May 11, 2010, 10:37 PM
    Here's the link.

YouTube - Westminster Chorus 2007 Strike Up The Band

They all are about your age. All of them are amateurs and not paid. Well, maybe the director is paid, but I don't really know... It's also not a college or university group, but one that draws men from a number of miles around the vicinity.

Please be sure to turn up your sound!

May 11, 2010, 10:41 PM

Wow!

They are pretty groovy... the harmony is amazing... and how long they can hold a note for... awesome... now I know why they are the best... I also listened to their "The way you look tonight"... nice... :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 11, 2010, 10:47 PM
    I like quite the plethora of music actually. From

YouTube - December, 1963 (Oh What A Night) - Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons

To

YouTube - Santana - Smooth (feat. Rob Thomas)

And another genre

YouTube - Ted Nugent - Stranglehold

Still more...

YouTube - Lady Antebellum - Need You Now

It all depends on my mood at the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who Makes the Next Move? [ 9 Answers ]

I was dating a girl for almost 3 years when we decided to call it quits. That was 4 months ago and it was a very stressfull point in both of our lives (I was finishing college and she was entering her senior year). Since then I've been trying to fix things, and recently I've been working on...

I have a fried who swears he makes 250K. How do I find out how much he really makes? [ 12 Answers ]

:D I have a friend who swears he makes 250K. How do I find out how much he really makes?

My boyfriend never makes the first move and makes a lot of excuses about sex [ 14 Answers ]

Well I am a recovered sex addict and I have some emotional issues as well but sex if very important to me and my boyfriend and me never have sex anymore I don't remember the last time we even were intimate sometimes if I start touching on him he will normally just jerk off to finish and its so...

She said she "usually makes the first move." [ 10 Answers ]

I still haven't called her, Im standing strong with no contact... but Id like a few opinoins on this.. (more random questions looming in my head) When we first got together.. (we met online) She flew down to see me first. That first weekend, I kissed her in an evevator after out first...

View more questions Search