Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brynsmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 04:30 PM
    My puppy is vomitting
    My nearly 8 month old sheltie has been throwing up and having diarreah. I'm worried but my vet told me to give her pedialite and peptobismal for children and see if she gets better. Is this normal. She has had her shots and is an inside dog. However, I did also notice that she had torn up a styrofoam cup but do not know if she ate any of it... please help!!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 11, 2010, 04:46 PM

Well the best thing you can do is keep her hydrated. Try not to give her any food for 24 hours, and if she continues to vomit and have diarrhea than she needs to go into see the vet.

It could be anything from poisoning to parvo, and a million other things in between.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2010, 07:33 PM

Just because your pup had all its shots doesn't mean he's safe from parvo or distemper.

Pepto bismol is not good for dogs. It's the pink in the medicine that is harmful. Please stop using it. Id you need something to stop the runs, I was advised that imodium ad is safe for dogs, however, the dog should be on meds created for dogs, such as metronidazole or endosorb to help stop the runs.

Is the throw up yellow and kind of foamy? Or is he throwing up pieces of the foam cup?

Quite honestly, you need to see a different vet. Styrofoam isn't healthy for anyone to iingest.. your pup is obviously sick and miserable. Why wait? What if this is a serious issue?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My puppy has been vomitting for the last 3 days! [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2 1/2 month Husky, for the past 3 days he has been throwing up his food, and what looks like flem and water, he also has Diarrhea, its really watery! He still plays around, drinks a lot of water. I don't know why he has been throwing up. I though it was something he ate that he was not...

Puppy lethargic & vomitting [ 8 Answers ]

Help. We just adopted a 9 month old chihuaha mix from an animal shelter yesterday. He seemed normal yesterday. Today he refuses food, vomited several times and is listless. He has slept most of the day. He is drinking water and urinating. He has not had a bowel movement since he came home...

Vomitting puppy. [ 14 Answers ]

My puppy is 4 months old or so and he's starting to puke. He's been sick for about a day. Then after got well, I didn't take him to a vet yet. Later on he got even better all normal. Until today when we woke up. Diarrhea and vomits. The vomit had some red stuff, which seemed to look like blood...

Vomitting shar-pei puppy [ 2 Answers ]

Why does my 5 month old Shar-pei wake up in the night to vimit which looks like bile?

View more questions Search