Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 15, 2010, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by onlineguy View Post
    Too many similar questions. Multiple threads merged.

As a guy I am attracted to beautiful women. But I never seem to get any indications of interest or attraction from these women.
    All women are beautiful, every last one of them. For different reasons and in different ways. Its up to you to figure it out
    I have to pursue them and therefore risk the rejection.
    And your point would be what...........??/ No risk, no reward.
    This is sooo wrong. By pursuing them I am showing them that they are of higher emotional value to me then I am to them.....
    Who told you that? Sounds like BS to me!
    This is not what I want. I want an attractive women to want me as much as I want her on equal terms.......
    Define attractive? Maybe your the one who is NOT attractive. Ever see it that way? You may look good, but are no good, and frankly, its the same with females. The outside may not match the inside. Thats the risk you take.
    How do become on the emotional higher or equal ground so that she wants me as much as I want her, without the pursuit !!!.
    Where are you getting the BS from? If they don't like you for who you are, whats the point? Back in the day we could whack 'em over the head with our clubs and drag them home, but the females got together and outlawed clubs.
    (Same for getting back the attention / attraction of exes).
    For one thing if you expect a female to fall all over you with just a casual hello, forget it.

Talaniman Rule-Date them all short, fat, skinny, or tall. 18-80, blind, cripple, or crazy!!! Stop looking for love, guy, or attention, or someone to be attracted to you, and learn to love yourself, and be just yourself, and I guarantee that some one will want to share your fun happy times with you.

Now go tell the guy who has been feeding you that cave man BS, to get lost.

Talaniman Rule-if they don't like you, forget 'em.

Talaniman Rule- never be in a hurry to give your heart to a stranger. Wait until they have proven they deserve it, and know what to do with it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 15, 2010, 03:20 PM

I read your posts and my first thought is that you're either a teenager or you're stuck in that "game playing" mentality.

By pursuing them I am showing them that they are of higher emotional value to me then I am to them...
    This one quote says it all.

Why can't you just be you and let them be them? What's with all this game playing?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 15, 2010, 05:12 PM

I am an attractive woman, and I wouldn't date you... EVEN if you pursued me.

(Well, besides the fact that I'm not married--let's play "what if")

I've never even SEEN you, and you come off as someone who doesn't want to be as invested (or MORE invested) in ANY relationship (including friends and family) than the other person is invested in you. By your measurements only, of course.

You're also unwilling to take a risk to get to know me or ask me (as an attractive woman, not me personally) out. If you can't take THAT risk, then how could you take the risk of buying a house, or having a family, or going on vacation to someplace exotic? I mean, you're too afraid to have a woman say "no"! If you can't handle THAT--how do you handle a job interview? What about handling a kid going in for surgery? How about killing bugs in the basement?

So get yourself some confidence and willingness to take risks, first off.

Second, lose the attitude. You say you only want to date attractive women. Well, attractive women only want to date men that bring them something that complements them. For that matter, ALL women want that. So--whether it's intelligence, same interests, a sense of humor, a great way of listening, all of the above or something else entirely--you'd better figure out what you have that they might want. And please don't insult them by thinking it's only looks or money.

That being said--do you take care of yourself? Are you in shape? Do you have a job? A place of your own?

I personally think your problem is that you pursue women you find attractive PHYSICALLY.

Try dating someone that isn't in your normal range of "attractive". Ask out the plump girl you see in the cafeteria instead of focusing on the supermodel who is "attractive".

Oh--and get counseling. You really need to understand that your attitude toward dating is archaic and disturbing.
    onlineguy Posts: 110, Reputation: 10

Jul 17, 2010, 03:15 AM
    The Problem
    Maximizing your appearance so that it’s the best it possibly can be. Having the right body, clothes, hygiene, humor, attitude etc gains you an audience / interview with a good looking girl / guy!

But: No matter how well you dress etc you may just not be good looking!

A good looking girl or boy is generally not inclined to initiate or be open to someone they do not know and do not find attractive when looking for a mate.

If they are open to communication without attraction they see the person as likable and like them as a friend and not a mate.

So how does an unattractive person - even with the right clothes, hygiene, humor etc attract the emotional / physical / sexual attraction of a good looking girl / boy?
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jul 17, 2010, 03:40 AM

Its all down to how the people see each other, you often see so say not so attractive girls with really handsome young men, and vice versa, so there's no guarantee of anyone attracting any particular look, its more a case of personality I believe, and no one can foretell who will be attracted to who.

Good Looking or attractive can play a role but its not often you will see 2 exceptionally good looking/attractive people together.

Attracting the opposite sex I don't feel can be predicted, it all boils down to whether 2 people have the spark or attraction factor.

Women are often inclined to find confident self-assured well dressed, men, and yes good dress sense well groomed, and clean, pride in appearance, does definitely work for some women but not all. Good manners and etiquette can also play a role, but as with everything, its all down to whether the spark is there.

Hope this helps
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2010, 04:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by onlineguy View Post
    Maximizing your appearance so that it’s the best it possibly can be. Having the right body, clothes, hygiene, humor, attitude etc gains you an audience / interview with a good looking girl / guy!

But: No matter how well you dress etc you may just not be good looking!

A good looking girl or boy is generally not inclined to initiate or be open to someone they do not know and do not find attractive when looking for a mate.

If they are open to communication without attraction they see the person as likable and like them as a friend and not a mate.

So how does an unattractive person - even with the right clothes, hygiene, humor etc attract the emotional / physical / sexual attraction of a good looking girl / boy?
    Our perception of self is how 'attractive' we are to others.Insecurities,little quirks while talking,mannerisms,body styles,hair and eye color,teeth,smile,there are so many different things, you can't possibly make a Ken doll out of Jaba the Hut.. but you CAN make an acceptable Han Solo from almost any mold.(in personality)

Attraction is considered by some to come from pheromones,I can attest to this to a degree.I have been out with some interesting women in the past who others in my peer group would have run from just as to see them(they see what they want to see)I have been out with others who most anyone would feel lucky to be with(again,seen as others want to see them)

What made one different than the other?MY PERSPECTIVE.

There is more than just one 'type' for you in this world, there are way too many 'types' to single out just one.You can't dress to impress when one might be looking for the biker type.Can't dress down for the grease monkey/garage type when someone is looking for the bread maker.(or bread WINNER)

There is one on here I hope see's this thread and put's his input in(I'm sure he will,, um kp!! )
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Jul 17, 2010, 05:06 AM
    Comment on KBC's post
    Wonderful post.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2010, 07:28 AM

Looks mean almost nothing in finding the right job, dressing properly for it, The main thing is attitude and the way you present yourself, ( body lanuage4 is a big key)

I am and have been fat, with a bad eye and a limp almost my entire life. It has not slowed me down from major jobs ever.

It is only if you think you are not good looking. I see a handsome person when "I" look in the mirror, because I am happy with myself.

That is the key, be happy with who you are.
    Oddboots Posts: 57, Reputation: 8

Jul 18, 2010, 12:11 AM
    Looks don't mean anything. It's all about attitude.

Look at Danny De Vito, Donald Trump, Billy Joel.

Act like a loser and you'll be a loser.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 12:58 AM

Confidence is a really attractive trait. Arrogance isn't.

I've met men that on the outside are gorgeous, but, if they're not intelligent, confident (not arrogant), easygoing, funny, kind, then I lose interest.

The most attractive quality, in my opinion, is confidence in who you are. You don't have to be gorgeous to be attractive. Beauty really is just skin deep.
    Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 08:32 AM

Why can't you just be yourself, and be a good human, and attract other good humans? Why is it you seem to only what is considered a beautiful looking person? That's a matter of opinion, as God didn't make ugly humans, humans make themselves ugly.

I think your question should be how you can be confident within your own skin, and have dignity, and respect for yourself, as you are.

Trying to be something that you aren't is as ugly as it gets, without being down right evil.

You have self esteem problems to address, did you know that? You don't need a fancy suit, just a better attitude.

Jul 24, 2010, 06:30 PM
    Shield
    When a guy likes a girl he shows indications of interest!

It is reasonable to assume that if she finds him physically attractive then she will either initiate with indications of interest or positively respond to his.

However women will act like they are not interested or act closed off... This gives a guy a clear **** off, not interested in you impression.

Only to find that in actual fact she did like him?

Why do women do this?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 24, 2010, 06:36 PM

I would venture to say that if a woman gives you the "not interested signal", she is not interested.
    If a woman does otherwise, she is playing childish games. Not all woman do this.
    Are you asking a question about a specific woman?
    Or is this a different take on one of the many questions you have already asked?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2010, 06:13 AM

I kind of see where you are coming from. Ordinarily, in my experience, girls are more skeptical of guys because we have the stigma of being... "guys." Thus everything negative that is normally associated with our being guys is generalized to the entire population.

So most often what I do, if they show no interest in me, is reciprocate the feeling. I feel it a waste of my time to try to get a girl who doesn't act remotely interested in me.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jul 26, 2010, 10:08 AM

I think it might be some ingrained relics of bygone times when girls always played hard to get and never made advances at Males.
    JMO

Aug 2, 2010, 04:58 AM
    Friends zone
    Girl I tried to get off with did not like me in that way. Now adds me on social network... Friend’s zone!. Nooooooo

How to avoid being placed in the friend zone without seeming petty...
    It’s letting them know you’re interested and like them but you’re not going to be a friend! Although you would be open to being the best of friends.
    Fecking annoys me, that women do this!!

Any suggestions thoughts on this ?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 09:00 PM

It's inevitable whether a girl puts you in her friends zone.

What you can do is ask her out on a few dates. If she's interested enough to give you a shot, she will go. If she doesn't, then nor matter what you try, it won't change her mind, so why force the issue?

She can be a friend, but find someone else who may be interested in you.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2010, 09:11 PM
    Maybe I'm confused about the question.

You are always going to find attractive women around you who might not see you in that light. Its just the truth.

So... is she wrong for not cutting complete contact? For thinking you might be mature enough to be able to accept that you will be attracted to some girls who just don't see you that way?

If you don't have the balls to do no contact, don't blame her for keeping you at arms length, but still around.

If its too annoying... fine. Walk. Own it.

You like her more than she likes you. Happens all the time.

Yes, its maddening and frustrating. Been there. More than once.

But really... at this point, she doesn't control how close you are or are not... you do.

Yeah... she does control who is in her bed. But that's a given.

You can choose to hang around or to just turn your head cause she is too tempting.

Every ex before my last... I just had to walk. Just easier to cut those ties hard now and rebuild later if it seems right. Have a fantastic relationship with one ex now... but I had to get the hell out of her face and not think about her and NOT be her girlfriend.

Now... the last ex... not that simple. We have a kid together, so, like it or not, I see her more than id like.

Still... I have control over the contact with her. I spend time with him. Not her. I'm cordial. Friendly enough. But I'm not vested in making her day great or helping her through most mundane irritations. Leave that to the friends who don't have a stronger drive for something she doesn't want.

So... I get where you are. I'm just not going to give you a pass for blaming women for this.

Its simple. You like her more. You are more vested. Its your place to step back... cause she can't make you step back mentally. Only you can.
    Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 09:20 PM

Friends zone is cool, just don't linger hoping for more that's all. Some of my best times were with a friend, of a friend. Having read, and responded to your break up post, and your dating questions, I know you try to hard, and expect too much, too soon, and take rejection personally.

Stop trying to date, and make friends, and have fun, and let the romance take care of itself. The best place to meet females is through friends, and activities that you enjoy. And shed the shallow "hunting for a fine fox attitude" and just be yourself, and impress them with what you got naturally, and talk to them, NOT player rap with lines, they hear all the time.

Talaniman Rule-Date them all, short, fat, skinny, or tall. 18-80, blind, cripple, or crazy.

Lots of females who are down to earth and fun, don't always have the super model outsides. You have to look closer, and deeper. Its about enjoy, and not about romance, or POSSESSION.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2010, 09:25 PM

Friends are sometimes better to have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Advice needed please [ 3 Answers ]

Sorry if this is lengthy. I've been married for 22 years and have 2 children, one 19 the other 16. Pretty much my entire marriage has been stressful and unhappy. First of all, we have always had money problems. We've been in bankruptcy two times. I make $60K a year and my husband makes $50k....

More advice needed :S [ 4 Answers ]

Hi again. I hate to nag on about this but if anyone has more advice it would be great. I am still finding either some brown discharge or sometimes a bit of blood everyday from about 3 weeks ago whenever I go to the toilet, although not a lot. But the thing is its really bugging me now because its...

Social etiquette advice needed please [ 14 Answers ]

Hi all. This is very much a grey area and I really don't know the correct etiquette for this situation. Last night was my husbands work Christmas party. It was an informal BBQ at his boss's home. It was pre-arranged last week that the wives would each bring 2 salads and 1 dessert. The boss...

Love v. Like Advice Needed [ 4 Answers ]

I need some advice. I have been dating this guy, and find that I am more easily in love, than I am in "like" with him. I shared my feelings last night, and the response was not good. I sent this to him so that he could better understand what I meant when I said I didn't like him: The word...

Advice needed with taxes [ 3 Answers ]

Right this is a fairly complicated matter but here goes. Firstly I am a British/Australian citizen (I have lived in Australia for the last 10 years). I am currently in nyc on a B1 visa until the end of July, I will be coming back sometime in August on a E1 visa and staying for a longer period....

View more questions Search