Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laylay33 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 06:49 PM
    I still love my ex, its complicated.
    Threads merged

I almost feel like I don't want to get over my ex. We are on and off. We admit that we will always love each other, but he never shows it. When I make the tinyest mistake and he gets mad at me, I beat myself up for it. I love him, but he'll almost never be the same, but I still want him in my life...
    suhari Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2010, 02:40 AM

He's stubborn. But you really love him. Sometimes your unrequited love. Hummm... This is complicated. OK, the following steps:
    1. do anything that might show that you really love him. Just as you ask your friend who is also a friend to tell your boyfriend your complaints to him. Maybe he'll realize how much you love her.
    2. second, learn your character's girlfriend in detail. What makes him smile at you? Do the things she likes.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2010, 02:57 AM

Time to get over him,hoping someone who doesn't allow you to be yourself and who can't love you for who you are,is going to change,is futile.

You deserve better,so start healing by going no contact with him.

Read the stickies at the top of the relationship page for more advice on how to handle a breakup.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 07:25 AM
    It's not healthy to be walking on thin ice all the time.

Unless there is progress in repairing the relationship, why continue to torture yourself?
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Feb 23, 2010, 08:32 AM

Yes we all know it's hard to leave someone you love.
    But if the relationship is unhealthy you need to stand up for yourself and break up.
    Go NC. Love is not supposed to hurt.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 12:00 PM

This isn't love, and if you are not a masochist you need to leave this farce of a relationship as fast as you possibly can.

This is not healthy.

Feb 24, 2010, 07:37 PM

Thank you everyone who answered! Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! :)
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2010, 07:52 PM

You're welcome-I hope you're feeling better.
    Take care.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 24, 2010, 09:43 PM

Why keep repeating history, when you could be doing something a lot more fun than breaking up.
    dynocompe Posts: 331, Reputation: 56

Feb 25, 2010, 01:17 AM

Agrees go no contact, if at another date you two come together once again, and you feel things have changed, then you could make a decision then to make this work. But right now you two are just going to keep repeating the same cycle on breaking up. A relationship can't work when only one person is putting in any effort

Feb 27, 2010, 11:57 AM

He texts me, but either volluntarily or involluntarily, I don't reply... I can't be there whenever he feels like it
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 12:01 PM
    Good job! Don't be someone's doormat.

You deserve better than that.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2010, 02:36 PM

Keep up the good work and NC. It's hard, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Remember - You don't want to live your life with constant verbal abuse. It would be a miserable life and would destroy your self-esteem.

Good luck!

Mar 3, 2010, 07:50 PM

So true! He walks all over me, I'm done with that. But it sucks cause I miss how he used to be :(
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 07:56 PM

Its okay to miss how he use to be but trust me, you won't miss how he is now, or how you are now, because you will grow beyond it, and him.

Mar 8, 2010, 09:00 PM

So true, it just kind of sucks. You know? Cause he is in my thoughts. I don't really talk to him and am slowly getting over him but the memories can get to me.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2010, 09:06 PM

Yea we all know how it is to get through those memories. Just try to stay busy and every time those thoughts haunt you, just know they will pass.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2010, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by laylay33 View Post
    soo true, it just kind of sucks. ya know? cause he is in my thoughts. i dont really talk to him and am slowly getting over him but the memories can get to me.
    Try remembering the BAD things about him , that'll make it go a bit quicker ;)
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 01:05 AM

Write down everything that was wrong in the relationship and read through it whenever you feel low.

And allow time to work for you.

Good luck.
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Mar 9, 2010, 01:32 AM

It takes a long time to get over someone you love. Just pace yourself and I'm sure that eventually it'll all get easier. He will slowly and painfully slip from your thoughts and you will be happier in the long run. You do not want to be in this type of relationship where if you slip up at all you get screamed at for it. No one wants to be treated like that. Hope it goes well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My intertherm electric furnace kept getting hotter and hotter, doesn't shut down heat [ 2 Answers ]

Have to shut it down manually, sometimes the blower doesn't respond to the thermostat.

Talking to other girls [ 3 Answers ]

OK. I haven't been with my boyfirend for very long five months a few days ago. We love each other a lot which sounds crazy but its true. When we met I was into lots of drugs and he helped me get out of it. A while ago I went to check the history on my moms computer to see if she had been looking in...

Talking to girls [ 4 Answers ]

I like this girl and she likes me, we've got a thing going and its going well but when we are alone together I struggle to find anything to talk about. Normally I can't stop talking but I'm suddenly stumped for words. Does anybody have a solution?

Talking to girls [ 8 Answers ]

OK this is my situation... I have no problem approaching girls but starting and keepig a conversation with them is hard for me. There is this one girl that goes to school with me and we work at the same place, she is like no other girl I have ever met. I like everything about her and I've never...

Talking to girls [ 1 Answers ]

I have trouble talking to girls. Its not so much approaching them, its starting or keeping up a conversation. Any tips?

View more questions Search