Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliced Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 08:24 AM
    Salaried employees
    As a salaried employee, we are being requested to utilize vacation time during a Holiday shutdown. If we do not have enough vacation time to utilize during this shutdown we have been informed we may borrow from next year. In the past we were allowed to take upaid time off avoiding borrowing from the next year. Now we are being informed that legally salaried employees cannot take unpaid voluntary time off unless it is an emergency.. So where is this legal statement?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 11, 2010, 09:02 AM

I don't know what you mean by a legal statement. Is there some sort of Union policy or written contact which the employer is attempting to change or is this simply employment at will?

You say you "may" borrow. Are you now unable to take unpaid time off, being forced to use vacation time?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 11, 2010, 09:09 AM

What country and state are you in? What type of business?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laws for salaried employees [ 5 Answers ]

I am a new salaried employee and not quite sure if my employer is allowed to do this. Recently my company had a shut down for the holidays. All hourly employees were told they would need to take a vacation day or personal/sick day in order to be paid for the days not covered by holiday pay....

Salaried employees [ 3 Answers ]

What are the rules and regulations of putting someone on salary?

Salaried Employees In Arizona [ 1 Answers ]

If you are a salaried employee and you leave for a dr appt for 3 hours and work 5 hours can they dock you for the 3 hours you were gone?

Deductions from salaried employees [ 1 Answers ]

If a salaried employee doesn't work a complete shift, can the employer deduct wages from her in the state of Maryland?

Salaried employees [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal for a salaried employee to take unpaid time off?

View more questions Search