Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greed Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 05:13 AM
    My wife and I are separated, can she get welfare while she is working?
    I got a call from the welfare office recently asking for verification on how much child support I was giving my wife. Now, my wife and I are separated. Can she get welfare or apply for welfare while she is working? If she can, how does that affect me?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 11, 2010, 06:12 AM

If she does qualify for State assistance the State will look to you to repay it.

Without knowing all of the circumstances it is difficult to answer your question - child care in some States, medical care, are State assisted.

Are you supporting her and your children? Your separation papers should cover this. If you are not legally separated you should be in order to limit your liability.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should wife know if her husband's ex-girlfriend is pregnant and they are separated? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 4 months pregnant with my ex-boyfriends baby. He has been separated from his wife for 8 months and he broke it off with me because he couldn't handle me being pregnant and wanted me to terminate and I wouldn't. Should the wife know that I am pregnant if they are separated? And should he...

Can I claim my wife as a dependent even though we have recently separated [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I have only been separated since the second week of November 2008. She has not worked in the past seven years of marriage. Since we have separated I have heard that she is currently looking for work and plans to claim herself as a dependent for 2008 even though she has not worked up...

W-4 allowances.wife working in another state [ 3 Answers ]

I work in IL, my wife works in MI. How do we find our allowances on Fed W-4 and State W-4s? As per IRS advice, we claim all allowances on higher income W-4 and none on the other one. But since our states are different, how do we mention our allowances there?

Ask how to find my wife working in kuwait? [ 1 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, I want to ask a help to locate my wife working in kuwait,her name is susana roxas alonzo More power and god bless

With separated man who went back to his wife.. lost [ 8 Answers ]

My situation is more complicated then I like to admit. I have been with a man for seven years and friends with his wife at the same time. I am 27 now and I have no idea how to live my life without him or her. She doesn't know and him and I have secretly lived our life and I am saddend because...

View more questions Search