Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aries_tan118 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2010, 11:29 PM
    Can I find any ejector pump which is suitable used for IPA draining system?
    What kind of pump is more suitable for clean room usage in Iso Purple Alcohol draining system? I feel like the ejector pump ain't good enough for big productions use.
    So far, I have researched pumps from Yamada America, however for draining system, if we use a normal pump, we have to supply level indicator to check the level to pump out the waste alcohol. So, is ejector pump suitable in this case? How is the quality? How often we need to do maintanence?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 11, 2010, 07:37 AM

Why do you think you need a grinder pump to move a liquid?
    What am I missing here? Tom
    CHayn Posts: 177, Reputation: 10

May 12, 2010, 04:02 AM

I suggest you call the pump manufacturers and see what they recommend. Other good companies are Pro Series Pumps and Zoeller.

May 12, 2010, 07:31 PM
    Because it is under the raised floor, 1.5m.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 13, 2010, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aries_tan118 View Post
    because it is under the raised floor, 1.5m.
    Now I'm confused. Are we talking liquid or solids here? If it's a liquid my question remains the same, "Why are you figuring a grinder pump to pump liquid?" Please explain, bTom

May 13, 2010, 05:05 PM

Owh, I'm not in the field of this. I'm assigned to design a IPA (purple alcohol) draining system. The system goes in the way such that the alcohol waste from the machine will flow to a tank called as "IPA waste tank", through a ball valve may be?
    What happened previously was they fixed low, medium and high level sensor in the waste tank.
    So they made a program, when the waste (alcohol) come to medium level, the valve remains open, the pump is on to pump to alcohol out from the waste tank through tubing to somewhere to recycle the alcohol after some process. While, if the waste level reach high, the alarm will ring and the valve is closed (to stop the waste keeps on flowing into the tank and cause leakage) and pump is on to pump the water out from the waste tank like how I said just now. In this case, the IPA waste tank is under the raised floor for about 1.5metres and the waste alcohol from this tank needed to be transferred to some other lab above the raised floor for further process.
    Meaning, the alcohol which is at the coordinate of -1.5m, needed to be transferred to a place coordinated +1 or 1.5m.
    So, from underground for sure it needs pump. This is what happened previously. And now, I have to improve the system in some other extended new labs by taking consider of cost and the efficiency. So, I could not find any other methods else to replace this. I thot of by using the ejector pump, maybe I could store the waste in the pump instead of store it in another waste tank. But, it doesn't make sense after all I think. I just couldn't find any ways else as Im not in this field, yet I want to give myself a chance to try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is upvc piping system is suitable to be installed in concrete raft foundations [ 0 Answers ]

Could you please advise whether the UPVC piping system is suitable and appropriate to installation / embed in concrete raft installation.

Is Meyers pentair sewage ejector pump model SR1830 a quality pump? [ 1 Answers ]

Just installed a sewage ejector pump and I'm somewhat concerned about the manufacture. Not seeing very much information about Meyer. I see Zoeller and Little Giant, so I'm wondering if I got a quality systems. Considering all that was required to get the system in I don't want to revisit this for...

Sewage pump/ejector pump [ 2 Answers ]

My sewage/ejector pump sometimes won't shut itself off. It has gradually gotten worse as time goes by. What could be causing this? Any suggestions appreciated.

Need to find something suitable [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find an intense, opera like song for a film project I'm doing. I need something like the song played on the commercial for red-hot pringles or on the spiderman2 trailer. If anyone knows of anything like this I'd appreaciate any and all opinions.

View more questions Search