Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margog85 Posts: 241, Reputation: 19

May 10, 2010, 09:57 PM
    Computer not protected, cannot get on internet or access Windows services
    I restarted my laptop this morning and immediately afterward I received a message from McAfee Security Center saying that my computer is not protected. I opened McAfee to see what the problem was and it said "Personal Information Protection shut down unexpectedly and is now disabled" and "Parental controls shut down unexpectedly and is now disabled." I clicked on the 'Fix' button but got an error message- "One or more problems cannot be fixed because of an error." Then I tried to get on the internet but got a message saying "Firefoxcannot find the server." I performed a scan and nothing harmful was detected. My network connection status is 'unknown' and when I hover over the network icon it sais "The dependency service or group failed to start." When I click 'Connect to a network" it tells me that Windows cannot find any networks. Network Diagnostics says "Windows Wireless Service is not running" but when I try to start it I get a message saying that Windows cannot resolve the problem. Please help!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2010, 08:56 PM

"Windows Wireless Service is not running"
    How did you try to start the service?

Did you use services.msc and try to start WLAN AutoConfig and got message?

What OS?

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any Software or Hardware that you installed or setup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

McAfee saying computer not fully protected [ 9 Answers ]

Its installed and registered. It seems to be working fine at making sure to warn me about things it doesn't recognize and blocking them when asked to. But every once in a while this message bubble pops up that says"your computer is not fully protected" so I click on it and it pops up the security...

Access my files on a computer I don't have physical access to [ 3 Answers ]

Goal: I want to get some files off computerX. Challenge: I do not have physical access to computerX. Info and Access I do have: * computerX is WindowsXP (media edition, I believe) * computerX is connected to a Linksys WRT150N

View more questions Search