Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vanillaface Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2010, 05:09 PM
    Ex moved back, support issues
    My ex moved back to Cali almost a year ago. We have a court order in CA from over a year and a half ago regarding him paying child support. He has only paid 4 months out of the 20 months. He has steadily changed job since returning to Ca, so garnishing his wages has not been possible.

I am now returning to court, for a few reasons. The visitation from the court order states that he can take our child when he wants where ever he wants within CA. Now that he has returned, I am NOT okay with that. It was okay when he'd visit for a week, but not that he is permanently living here.

I am aware that they will probably review and change the child support amount because he does not make the money he was making before. However, he believes that he will show proof of him quitting that job & all of the jobs with income change, and the court will rule in his favor and not force him to pay what he owes. The amount is over $10,000. Is this true? I've incurred debt because he is not doing his part, even paying half what he owed would've prevented that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2010, 05:18 PM

Seldom do they go back, if he wanted it lowered before he needed to file before.

The fact he is so behind in payments will go against him also. Be sure to ask about enforcement of that when in court

May 11, 2010, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Seldom do they go back, if he wanted it lowered before he needed to file before.

The fact he is so behind in payments will go against him also. Be sure to ask about enforcement of that when in court
    That is what I told him. I have no problems going back and changing the support amount, but he never wants to go do it. His bill is just getting higher & higher.

May 24, 2010, 03:54 PM

I will be going to the Family Law Facilitator to help me modify custody & visitation. Do you know if I will be able to address the back pay & wage garnishment issue there, or would have to go some where else to file for that?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2010, 04:38 PM

You can ask about it while you are there. They may or may not do anything about it at that time. The only one that can sign an order is the judge so you may be able to ask about it and have custyd, visitation, and support all taken care of when you go in front of a judge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have no visitation but pay child support and she moved out of state [ 1 Answers ]

I was 18 at the time did not know how to fight for visitation rights.. I pay over 100 a week in child support and I have not seen my child in 10 yrs.. she moved out of state.. what can I do to see my son

Ex works for same company but moved from NM to AZ can support order stay in NM or doe [ 1 Answers ]

I was divorced 5 years ago.. my problem is support for my children my ex fled Ohio and moved to New Mexico to get out of jail time.. Now they caught up with him he is moving to Arizona and it is with the same company. There is an income deduction order standing right now.. do I have to changed the...

Moved back in and now... [ 24 Answers ]

I moved back in after being gone about a week... I was about to move to another town and she came by and begged me not to leave saying "I can't live without you, please don't leave me." So of course, with the fragile state I was in, I gave in and stayed.. Things have been getting better because...

Mother moved out of state and still getting child support [ 1 Answers ]

My stepson's mother threw him out April 1 and left the state. She is still getting child support. We have no way of getting a hold of her, and when we tried to set up a court date to get custody changed over she didn't show up and so they dismissed the case. How do we file child abandonment so...

Ex moved to GA from NY, doesn'y pay support [ 1 Answers ]

My exhusband moved from our home state NY to GA, and owes back child support for the 3 kids of almost $70,000. What can I do to recoup this oney, at least make him pay support? He works under the table, installing carpet, and if he comes to NY he will be arrested on a warrant for not paying...

View more questions Search