Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leuk8142 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2010, 03:37 PM
    Evaporator fan or Condenser fan location
    Hello,
    I have a Maytag plus side by side and I am troubleshooting a cooling problem on the fridge side; freezer is at -15 degress while the fridge is at 55 degrees.
    I suspect the evaporator fan, but to keep everyone clear is the evaporator fan in the freezer and the condensor fan under the outside of the refrigerator???!!
    Please advise me... Thanks!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 10, 2010, 04:51 PM

Problem sounds like a lack of air circulation between freezer and refrigerator. Make sure that all vents are clear and not blocked by food items..
    leuk8142 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 07:17 AM

Thanks Harold,

The return flapper is clear and I think the cold air supply at the top of the fridge side under the light assembly and temp controls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore evaporator fan stopped [ 3 Answers ]

I searched and couldn't find an answer to my problem. I have a 7 year old Kenmore fridge, model 19TFA06, 18.5 cu. in. The sides have been noticeably hotter than should be for about a year or more. I checked behind the fridge for dust accumulation and found very little. I did notice, however,...

Noisy evaporator fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hotpoint refrigerator... model#hts17gbsser... evaporator fan has started to sound like a swarm of angry bees. I have cleaned the blades and checked for any loose parts that may cause vibration. Stopped making noise for 2 cycles... now its at it again. Any suggestions? Prairie Son:eek:

Condenser Fan [ 1 Answers ]

Condenser fan motor , took a power hit during a storm and now fan will not come on , any ideals why?:mad:

Maytag evaporator fan [ 1 Answers ]

My evaporator fan burn where can I find one (ADL-5846AMEA 12732602)

View more questions Search