Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    admutum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2010, 12:59 PM
    Student dependents to student visa
    Hi, I am presently on a student dependent visa and started studying here. However, my wife (I am a dependent under her) is finishing her studies soon while I have to extend mine. I found out that I have to go out of the country to convert my visa to student even though I am in my 3rd year and have less than a year to complete my studeis.
    The problem is that I am Indian but I am a permanent resident of Malaysia. The question is whether I can apply for the visa in Malaysia and with only about a year left.
    Hope someone can help me with this.
    Cheers,
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 13, 2010, 03:27 PM

What country?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can F1 visa student filing 1040 EZ, claim F2 visa wife as dependent? [ 1 Answers ]

One of my friends has following profile: 1. In US on F1 since 5+ years and an indian citizen. 2. Needs to file 1040 EZ because of SPT. 3. Got married in Dec 2009 4. Wife came to US on F2 in Jan 2010, does not earn and does not have an ITIN Question: Can he file taxes and claim his wife as...

Married student from India, on OPT, cannot claim student loan on 1040NR. Help? [ 1 Answers ]

I am married & was on OPT till sep 09 & from Oct 1 H1B. I don't pass substaitial presence test. Since I am from India, I can claim personal exemption for my spouse as well as standard deduction. But I was not give student loan deduction. IRS said that my status is married filing separately, where...

Can an indian woman on student visa cancel her husband's dependent visa in/of you.K. [ 1 Answers ]

Can an indian woman on student visa cancel her husband's dependent visa in/of U.K.

View more questions Search