Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spike444 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2010, 11:48 AM
    Meter-u is this a good company to work for or a bad one
    I've just applied for a job at meter-u but what worries me is the franchise fee and the access rates they are asking for. Would they sack you if these were not achieved.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 10, 2010, 11:57 AM
    Sounds a little dodgy:
    'Generally, our franchisees aim to visit an average of 250 properties per day, achieving access to meet the clients target. The rates are set to produce a gross income ranging from £320 to in excess of £450 per week. Once you become a full franchisee, the rates per read increase in recognition of your commitment and experience. We may also offer a wider variety of work. Remember that initially there is also a small deduction made over the early weeks of employment until you have paid your franchise fee."

Why do you have to buy franchise if you just want to be an employee?
    mimi309 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 07:05 AM
    Is it even humanly possible to gain access to, and obtain a metre reading from 250 properties per day.. If you work an 8 hour day without any breaks this equates to 480minutes, so if you divide this by the 250 READINGS you have to get (it counts for nothing to put a card through the door - you Have to get a reading for it to count) this would mean you would need to obtain a metre reading once every 1.92 minutes!! Surely with so many people being out during the day this is never ever going to be anywhere near possible? Even if you worked a 12 hour day without breaks you would still need to get a full metre reading every 2.88 minutes... Am I missing something obvious here because I just don't see how it is possible to get anywhere near this no matter how hard you work!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I write a good company profile as my company deals in debt collections. [ 1 Answers ]

Am setting up a company dealing in debt collections. Am an accountant and my partner is an attorney- lawyer. We want to contact banks, hospital insurance hotels and persons as doctors.

Can anyone give information on the company METER-U. As regerds working for. [ 1 Answers ]

Is this a good company to work for or not. The francise fee and the targets required.

Is Bankfers Life & Casualty Co good company to work for? [ 3 Answers ]

I just got call from them today for interview next week. I would like to know if anyone has worked for that company and what was your experience. Bankers Life is an insurance company specializing in selling term insurance,life insurace, annuitiesm medicare supplement for seniors. Looks like very...

Is watermain valve/meter under water a bad thing? [ 3 Answers ]

The house we rent was buildt in the 80's. When it rains we get a foul smell from master bedroom. We have checked for rodents in rain gutters and took room apart to look around. Smell has gone on for a year. Our toilets get plugged very easily. We had one toilet replaced. Our entire house looses...

View more questions Search