Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nalexander Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2010, 11:34 AM
    Monthly Cleaning
    Construction Cleanup

I have a question on how to bid this job: Monthly Cleaning ( 5 Months) with wet mop and broom clean on concrete floors.

Level 1- 12,366
    Level -5-23,025 level 7- 23,423 level 10- 24,532 level 11-24,346 level 12-24366.

How would I price this bid and how many employee you think this may take thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 10, 2010, 12:10 PM

Approximately 132,000 square feet total, correct?

First I need to know is this all open space? Or are there obstacles i.e; furniture, equipment, space dividers, etc?

If this is all open space you may be better off renting a man aboard (seater) sweeper/scrubber machine. The cost will balance off in your favor when compared to the labor costs that you will save. And will cut your total time by a third at least.

If not and there are obstacles then with a system in place (pushing all the dirt/trash to the center isles and having each person with specific duties - ask and I will explain) it will take considerable labor time. Let me know exactly how many obstacles there are and the density of each floor.

Is this concrete floor 'raw' or is it finished/painted?

Is any other work included such as waste-can emptying or other trash removal?

Let me know please.

Stringer

May 10, 2010, 01:17 PM

Yes its saying subcontractor shall clean concrete floors in non-occupied spaces, broom and wet mop clean. This is for all floors listed above.

(pushing all the dirt/trash to the center isles and having each person with specific duties - ask and I will explain)?

It is asking m for primary cleaning- clean concrete floors in non-occupied spaces broom and wet mop clean. Remove all trash and debris from buliding to dumpsters.

And I am also doing primary and secondary clean. Level 8 23,376 and level 9 24,355 and I priced it at $4009-$4439 primary and secondary the same let me know if this sounds rt? And windows also on these floors thanks so much for any help!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 10, 2010, 02:08 PM
    Hi, nalexander!

I merged your three, separate posts together to avoid confusion here. They could have all been in one post.

Is cleaning the only business that you have in order to make a living for yourself, please?

Thanks!

May 10, 2010, 02:26 PM

Yes
    Business Expert

May 10, 2010, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Approximately 132,000 square feet total, correct?

First I need to know is this all open space? Or are there obstacles i.e; furniture, equipment, space dividers, etc?

If this is all open space you may be better off renting a man aboard (seater) sweeper/scrubber machine. The cost will balance off in your favor when compared to the labor costs that you will save. And will cut your total time by a third at least.

If not and there are obstacles then with a system in place (pushing all the dirt/trash to the center isles and having each person with specific duties - ask and I will explain) it will take considerable labor time. Let me know exactly how many obstacles there are and the density of each floor.

Is this concrete floor 'raw' or is it finished/painted?

Is any other work included such as waste-can emptying or other trash removal?

Let me know please.

Stringer
    Hi,

Is this a construction clean up?

Please address the questions above... (in black).

At the total dollars that you mentioned $4009 t0 $4400... that works out to about $0.03 per square foot... If you have to also remove old constructions items and garbage plus clean the windows it is low in my opinion.

Do you also have to wash the outside of these windows? If so, how are you going to do the ones that are very high? Plus does your price include these windows inside or outside?

Please advise...

Stringer

May 10, 2010, 02:47 PM

The windows are interior and this is construction clean up. But they broke it down in so many sections in the base bid don't no why.
    There is a lot I didn't add there just didn't want it to be confusion. But I priced it at 14.7cents to 16.3cents per sqft.
    And as far as the windows I will use a scafolding. And it does require inside windows only
    Business Expert

May 10, 2010, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nalexander View Post
    The windows are interior and this is construction clean up. But they broke it down in so many sections in the base bid dont no why.
    There is alot I didnt add in there just didnt want it to be confusion. But I priced it at 14.7cents to 16.3cents per sqft.
    And as far as the windows I will use a scafolding. and it does require inside windows only
    Ok, depending on where you are located and the competition (however all areas are very competitive now) your pricing seems adequate. However this is only a suggestion.

Have you considered the sit down sweep.scrubber?

And can you use the construction dumpster and how far away is it? And are there working elevators in the building when you are to be there? If not, using the stairs will be a b*t*h!

If you get the job, I would definitely have the job sup sign off on each floor after it is completed or you could find yourself going back to clean after any other work they do there after you complete it... this happens...

Stringer

May 10, 2010, 04:20 PM

Stringer,

Your very helpful thanks so much. Since you mention the sweep/scrubber I will be using the walk behind one for sure. And I will make sure they will sign off if I do get this job. The one I was going to rent was $875 a month 38,000. That is smart loads off labor out my pocket and time. If I have any more questions can I ask you? Thanks Nalexander

May 10, 2010, 04:21 PM

How much would you charge for those 5 months for those sqft what do you think is a fair price? And would you consider wet mop and broom clean - primary cleaning?
    Uber Member

May 10, 2010, 05:06 PM
    Originally posted by Clough

Hi, nalexander!

I merged your three, separate posts together to avoid confusion here. They could have all been in one post.

Is cleaning the only business that you have in order to make a living for yourself, please?

Thanks!
    yes
    If cleaning is your only business, how are you promoting, marketing and advertising for it, please?

Thanks!

May 10, 2010, 05:58 PM

I have done radio, newpaper, websites networking. Why what do you recommend?
    Business Expert

May 10, 2010, 07:27 PM
    Stringer,

Your very helpful thanks so much. Since you mention the sweep/scrubber I will be using the walk behind one for sure. And I will make sure they will sign off if I do get this job. The one I was going to rent was $875 a month 38,000. That is smart loads off of labor out my pocket and time. If I have any more questions can i ask you? Thanks Nalexander
    IF it IS open area and a painted concrete surface then I would get the widest walk behind that I could... check your prices on these they vary even for renting. I am assuming you know a lot of these things already though.

Of course you may ask me that is why I am here.

Stringer
    Business Expert

May 10, 2010, 07:30 PM
    How much would you charge for those 5 months for those sqft what do you think is a fair price? and would you consider wet mop and broom clean - primary cleaning?
    Is this a bid or do you have this job already?

Some terminologies vary it is apparently a 'construction clean up... not a 'final clean.'

Stringer

May 10, 2010, 09:08 PM

Just wondering how I should price the boom and wet mop cleaning for those 5 months. Just wondering if I should treat it like a primary clean well bid it like a primary clean. This is a bid also only 2 companies me and other company!
    Uber Member

May 10, 2010, 09:25 PM
    I have done radio, newpaper, websites networking. why what do you recommend?
    Are you getting much business from what you've posted on the Internet and/or any networking that you've done on it?

I'll make some recommendations, depending on how you answer the question.

Thanks!
    Business Expert

May 11, 2010, 05:49 AM
    just wondering how i should price the boom and wet mop cleaning for those 5 months. just wondering if i should treat it like a primary clean well bid it like a primary clean. This is a bid also only 2 companies me and other company!!
    The best answer here is to take all your costs; labor, admin, insurance, taxes, supplies, equipment, profit, etc. Then come up with your hourly rate, calculate the approximate total hours to arrive at your total estimate.

May 11, 2010, 06:55 AM

Ok sounds great that's what I was thinking I was going to have to do for that situation thanks for your help!

May 11, 2010, 06:57 AM

Not really Clough just referrals many of them and bids I have won!recommend
    Business Expert

May 11, 2010, 09:59 AM
    Ok sounds great thats what I was thinking I was going to have to do for that situation thanks for your help!!
    Great, let me know how it goes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HOW to obtain cleaning contracts and also how todo marketing for my cleaning business [ 13 Answers ]

Hello I just started my own cleaning business 5months ago with my husband I have one contract so far... its a small restaurant cleaning once a week which is not much... I just basically looked through the phone book and that's how I got it really called a bunch of people and got lucky... What...

Cleaning the door on a self-cleaning oven [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore self cleaning oven. How do I clean the glass door of the oven. Directions say clean the door separately, but I am having trouble getting the cooked on particles off th e glass.

Will clients mind paying monthly for cleaning services [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small business with regular clients. I was thinking on starting to charge a few of them on a monthly basis instead of each visit. I was thinking the clients that have had a cleaner for years and money is not an issue would be OK with this. I find it hard to manage my money and pay bills at...

Lease ended it was weekly then went monthly do I have to pay monthly amount? [ 6 Answers ]

I had a lease that ended in May of 2008 in which I paid weekly rent on and then it ended and it reverted month to month as stated in the lease agreement would this mean I would pay the monthly amount listed on the paperwork or do I still have to pay the weekly rent? Also they were charging me...

View more questions Search